Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,494 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

jmreire wrote: »
    So far, I'm pretty sure that she has already been "interviewed" by the Kurds/ American's, the Syrian's and lately the Turkish Intelligence. And these would not have been "Kid Glove" interview's. So Tubridy ( or anyone else ) who will interview her here,,,will be kid's play for her. Even for the Guard's it will be difficult ( unless they have received transcripts of interview's carried out abroad) because of the context and the location.

Didn't Pat Kenny interview Terance Kenny before he went off to Iraq to blow himself into a million pieces in a car bomb, all under the guise of "Islam - we're sound, we're the religion of peace"...

It's not too far fetched an idea.

Strangely the internet has purged that particular video but it did happen.

khalid.png

While I'm at it let's not forget our friends in the Irish Independant who did this lovely piece on her...awh she studies the peaceful book in her bedroom at night, how sweet.

Untitled.png
    Oh sh!t, that article was deleted too!
    Do not underestimate the Irish Media, they'll be the first one to call you the made up word. "Islamaphobe".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,144 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Once again you can do any crap you want overseas as a Jihadi and Department of Foreign Affairs will get you out. This is really a Kurdish issue and they should have to deal with it. Convene a military court martial and fill the jury with Kurdish widows.

well no, it's not a kurdish issue, they have said they do not want these people therefore it's not their problem.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

well no, it's not a kurdish issue, they have said they do not want these people therefore it's not their problem.

They could have just mass executed them, I mean they’d be polluting the soil for a certain amount of years but they’d be nobodies problem then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭jmreire

They could have just mass executed them, I mean they’d be polluting the soil for a certain amount of years but they’d be nobodies problem then?

No they could not.....that kind killing belongs to isis, and the Kurds are better than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

No they could not.....that kind killing belongs to isis, and the Kurds are better than that.

I’m sick of this “we’re better than Isis” bull**** - they had no problem burning people alive in cages, or beheading innocent people to throwing the gays off rooftops. **** the niceities and take the gloves off - they should get the same treatment, every last one of them should use their final breath screaming.

• Advertisement

they apparently do not believe in the death penalty.

I’m sick of this “we’re better than Isis” bull**** - they had no problem burning people alive in cages, or beheading innocent people to throwing the gays off rooftops. **** the niceities and take the gloves off - they should get the same treatment, every last one of them should use their final breath screaming.

well such nonsense isn't going to happen so you will have to deal with the real world realities.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

If, and it's a big if, she does get on the LLS it'll be the biggest cringe fest ratings hit the show will have had in a long time although I would think a serious show like Prime Time would be a better and far less forgiving forum.

People will of course shout and bawl that they'll boycott a show like that and won't watch it, but they'll be peeking through the neighbours curtains or following it online because they won't be able to resist.

If the family had any spark of fücking sense they would keep a low profile, avoid courting the media like the plague and keep the heads down until it's yesterday's news.

Sure, kill them all ( or try to ) and what happen's then? First you won't be able to "Kill then All", all you will do is create Martyr's. And drive their propaganda machine into overdrive....Who will then fan the flames of the New Crusader's, killing Muslim's.. The only real way to finish isis will have to come from within Islam itself. And believe it or not, most Muslims hate isis. They have killed many more Muslims than non-Muslims, and most Muslims consider the isis version of Islam to be a false interpretation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

The Kurds have used female suicide bombers

Sure, kill them all ( or try to ) and what happen's then? First you won't be able to "Kill then All", all you will do is create Martyr's. And drive their propaganda machine into overdrive....Who will then fan the flames of the New Crusader's, killing Muslim's.. The only real way to finish isis will have to come from within Islam itself. And believe it or not, most Muslims hate isis. They have killed many more Muslims than non-Muslims, and most Muslims consider the isis version of Islam to be a false interpretation.

That would require Islam to reform, that will never ever ever happen.

• Advertisement

statesaver wrote: »
    The Kurds have used female suicide bombers

For Muslim's, suicide is a very acceptable way to achieve Martyrdom. Throughout history they have used suicide as a weapon. This is not confined solely to the Kurd's

That would require Islam to reform, that will never ever ever happen.

None the less..it's the best chance there is. And bear in mind that the majority of Muslims are 100% against isis. So its up to them to find a solution to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

If, and it's a big if, she does get on the LLS it'll be the biggest cringe fest ratings hit the show will have had in a long time although I would think a serious show like Prime Time would be a better and far less forgiving forum.

People will of course shout and bawl that they'll boycott a show like that and won't watch it, but they'll be peeking through the neighbours curtains or following it online because they won't be able to resist.

If the family had any spark of fücking sense they would keep a low profile, avoid courting the media like the plague and keep the heads down until it's yesterday's news.

Well I for one wont watch it, the sight of that bitch would make me sick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

I take your point that there are plenty on here who are willing to respond to any report of criminality or violence with comments such as "culture boss" or "religion of peace". However there's no comparison between a bunch of drunken idiots in a pool and the likes of IS/Daesh.

I was speaking to the endless and it truly is endless complaining about every single minority from Muslims and the poor and the immigrants and the trans etc etc etc you see on boards. The ranting against them is on countless countless threads and conversations

But this particular group from that social strata are never ever fingered. Ever.

mgn wrote: »
    Well I for one wont watch it, the sight of that bitch would make me sick.

Plenty will. Don't worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Plenty will. Don't worry.

I want to kneel in front of the tv and praise allah .

rgossip30 wrote: »
    I want to kneel in front of the tv and praise allah .

Whatever floats your boat, just remember to do your prostrations in the direction of Mecca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,850 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Despite what some posters here appear to believe I don't believe the majority of Muslims are enamoured of Ms Smith.
    Many of those here fled from the onslaught of IS/Daesh, the vast majority of their victims were fellow Muslims who they regarded as heretics. And lest we forget, the majority of those fighting them were and are Muslims.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

I was speaking to the endless and it truly is endless complaining about every single minority from Muslims and the poor and the immigrants and the trans etc etc etc you see on boards. The ranting against them is on countless countless threads and conversations

But this particular group from that social strata are never ever fingered. Ever.

thats not how I remember the we discos back in the day !!

Despite what some posters here appear to believe I don't believe the majority of Muslims are enamoured of Ms Smith.
    Many of those here fled from the onslaught of IS/Daesh, the vast majority of their victims were fellow Muslims who they regarded as heretics. And lest we forget, the majority of those fighting them were and are Muslims.

What you say is very true, but one of the things ( maybe the most important thing ) to find out when she arrive's, will be who radicalised her? Where and when? Because for sure, some one did. And if was it here in Ireland, then action need's to be taken immediately. If it was the internet,that will be a different matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭Odhinn

What you say is very true, but one of the things ( maybe the most important thing ) to find out when she arrive's, will be who radicalised her? Where and when? Because for sure, some one did. And if was it here in Ireland, then action need's to be taken immediately. If it was the internet,that will be a different matter.

She would appear to have radicalised herself, via the net.

Where do you think? It’s always jail or mosques. She hasn’t been to jail so I’m betting the house on her local mosque. Let’s not pretend here.

Where do you think? It’s always jail or mosques. She hasn’t been to jail so I’m betting the house on her local mosque. Let’s not pretend here.

...except when it isn't.

Not necessarily..plenty of "Conversion's" carried out on the internet....actually, the internet and isis propaganda website's are the biggest recruiter's. And they have not gone away...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Odhinn wrote: »
    She would appear to have radicalised herself, via the net.

For sure.

The slant of reporting has been as if these angels have been groomed by evil online forces.

Male no mistake, the ideology is alive and well. No innocents here.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    For sure.

The slant of reporting has been as if these angels have been groomed by evil online forces.

Male no mistake, the ideology is alive and well. No innocents here.

By the accounts given of the smith one, she sought out what suited her on the net and ignored the advice and knowledge of those around her. This is well worth a listen
    https://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/highlights-from-the-pat-kenny-show/former-friend-lisa-smith-talks-smiths-imminent-return-ireland

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,534 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As we now have a separate thread dedicated to Lisa Smith I've moved 3 posts made today to that thread:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058032631

Please use that one for any further discussion of Lisa Smith

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

Not necessarily. A lot of radicalization is done through the Web. I haven't heard any accounts of trouble in official Irish mosques. In fact Shaykh Umar al-Qadri is one of the strongest opponents of Islamic radicals and loses no opportunity to excoriate them and those who tolerate or support them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

ilkhanid wrote: »
    Not necessarily. A lot of radicalization is done through the Web. I haven't heard any accounts of trouble in official Irish mosques. In fact Shaykh Umar al-Qadri is one of the strongest opponents of Islamic radicals and loses no opportunity to excoriate them and those who tolerate or support them.

The woman who was responsible for helping Lisa integrate in to the mosque in Dundalk had a falling out with her when she expressed concern that Lisa was spending her time reading and participating in radical online forums and showed no interest in Islamic books or scriptures.
    Lisa left her husband in Tunisia when he would not join IS and move to Syria with her.
    This is a case where someone actively sought the most extreme, radical form of a faith they recently joined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Lisa Smith granted bail, release expected tomorrow according to RTE NewsNow.

It didn't take long for her to be deradicalized.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,534 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No Lisa Smith talk in this thread - she has been charged and we cannot discuss the case. That's why the other thread was closed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭Jeff2

In my opinion if someone gets bail with strict bail than it saves tax.

After all she did swear on the Quran to truth.

So all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Accepting ISIS members back to civilisation will always be a bad idea.
    They left civilisation to live in their caliphate so they have denounced their original countries.
    We need to leave them there.
    They are simply regrouping now, in their safe spaces right under our noses, cheered on by local enablers and do-gooders.

Don't people understand there will be a next wave of European Muslims that will try again?
    They will try again and again until Islam rules the world.

We need to prevent bad seeds from returning and eject bad seeds found here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Do strict ISIS Muslims celebrate Christmas? Or are they just willing to spin a yarn to get out of trouble/custody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,580 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

biko wrote: »

How do you "eject" an Irish Citizen living here?

• Advertisement

You remove their status as a citizen, then deport them to their original country.
    Denmark is already doing this.

For asylum seekers, just stop the process here and deport them.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Do strict ISIS Muslims celebrate Christmas? Or are they just willing to spin a yarn to get out of trouble/custody?
    Christmas is haraam for Muslims, because it is an imitation of the kuffaar (you and me and other infidels).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Winning_Stroke

They went over there, they played a blinder and exceeded expectations, they had their detractors at home, sure, but it's all done and dusted and now they're back. Are returning ISIS members really that different than the Italia 90 Ireland squad?

You remove their status as a citizen, then deport them to their original country.
    Denmark is already doing this.

I'm talking about an Irish citizen who does not have dual nationality.

How do you "eject" them?

How do "eject" any citizen of a proscribed organisation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Boggles wrote: »
    I'm talking about an Irish citizen who does not have dual nationality.

How do you "eject" them?

How do "eject" any citizen of a proscribed organisation?

Some sort of large catapult or trebuchet ?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

She (If she identifies as a women) will be fine after a few hugs. Any person returning from Syria were probably just working for the white helmets' a baker, a nurse or working in film making.

And an ex FG candidate getting ripped to shreds in the media and by other politicians for saying we have a problem with migration into the country.

Meanwhile the war hero returns home as if it was all a bad dream.

Something seriously wrong in this country.

Deportation is only available for people with dual citizenship, but then it must always be on the table.

I am not sure why some people are so eager to bring back ISIS terrorists into this country or ejecting terrorists from it?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

It should be Death by firing squad for any person committing terrorist offences in Syria, they should of handed any western people caught in Syria to the Syrian government.

And an ex FG candidate getting ripped to shreds in the media and by other politicians for saying we have a problem with migration into the country.

He got called out rightly for being a little populous racist bollíx.
    Meanwhile the war hero returns home as if it was all a bad dream.

Something seriously wrong in this country.

Or detained and bailed with strict conditions to face a trial that commands an up to 8 year sentence.

But you have no real interest in reality have you?

He got called out rightly for being a little populous racist boll

Or detained and bailed with strict conditions to face a trial that commands an up to 8 year sentence.

But you have no real interest in reality have you?

Who actually pays you to call everyone racist and defend someone like Smith.

Who actually pays you to call everyone racist and defend someone like Smith.

I called one person racist because he was acting like a racist little bollix. Sue me.

Also pointing out reality is not defending anyway, you do understand that right?

Accepting ISIS members back to civilisation will always be a bad idea.

there isn't any other option.
    they belong to their country of origin wherever it may be, if those countries refuse to take them back, then other countries have a right to refuse taking back citizens for any reason, big or small.
    They left civilisation to live in their caliphate so they have denounced their original countries.

that's ultimately irrelevant.
    the caliphate was never going anywhere thankfully.
    We need to leave them there.

that's not possible, at least not indefinitely.
    the syrians have a right to deport people back to where they came from.
    They are simply regrouping now, in their safe spaces right under our noses, cheered on by local enablers and do-gooders.

mythical enablers and do gooders aren't cheering anyone on.
    if they are managing to regroup in their home countries then that is the fault of the authorities there, however if they were left in syria they would be much, much more dangerous.
    Don't people understand there will be a next wave of European Muslims that will try again?

there in all likely hood will be, however sensible countries will have the laws in place to stop members before they are able to do anything, on the basis of learning from how to handle isis.
    They will try again and again until Islam rules the world.

i'm sure they may, but islam won't be ruling the world.

it's not possible to prevent people from a particular country from ultimately returning to that country.
    the country can try, but those individuals can get back of their own accord, and the deporting country, as in syria, turkey etc, can simply throw them back or just release them depending on whatever they decide is best.
    the reality is countries are going to have to grow up and deal with this, syria won't keep these people.
    the only option on the table is sending people, who may have irish citizenship but aren't irish born, to their countries of origin if they are found to have had anything to do with isis, but then if they were just born in a country but hardly lived there, that other country probably isn't going to play ball.

He got called out rightly for being a little populous racist bollíx.
    “What we can’t afford is to become a haven for freeloaders: people who come in because they know that this country won’t deport them and will give them accommodation, will give them education, will give them medical services!"

“We simply cannot allow people to pour into the country undetected, undocumented, unchecked, and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently, and lawfully to become immigrants in this country.”

Which quote is the one you have problems with?

i'm sure they may, but islam won't be ruling the world.
    It seems they themselves really believe it, and looking at the spread if Islam I think it will happen too.
    Islam is the fastest-growing religion
    It's a death penalty to leave Islam.
    Being a atheist in Middle East can get you killed.

You have nothing but wishful thinking to support your argument.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement