Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gomo.ie

Options
  • 13-11-2019 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I would like to know if I buy a second gomo sim can it be used in a 4g modem for its 80 GB. Also the modem is locked to eir.ie can I still use it? I've just spent half a day trying to connect to live chat on my gomo web page without luck.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Yes

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 35 buzz77

Mefballyc wrote: »
    I would like to know if I buy a second gomo sim can it be used in a 4g modem for its 80 GB. Also the modem is locked to eir.ie can I still use it? I've just spent half a day trying to connect to live chat on my gomo web page without luck.

Yes, you can use it in a 4G modem and yes, it will work if modem is locked to eir. Gomo = Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

You set it up like a Meteor SIM ....... I used one today in a router. ( :) actually yesterday now that I look at the clock :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭comput1

You set it up like a Meteor SIM ....... I used one today in a router. ( :) actually yesterday now that I look at the clock :) )

What performance are you getting? I find it patchy enough sometimes its great / sometimes terrible and the modem usually showing full bars 4g strength

Did use the 80gb though and the speed after is abysmal

comput1 wrote: »
    What performance are you getting? I find it patchy enough sometimes its great / sometimes terrible and the modem usually showing full bars 4g strength

Did use the 80gb though and the speed after is abysmal

I just used it for a few hours today ...... speedtest showed about 10Mb/s down and above 1Mb/s up ..... not sure about that figure, might have been 1.5 ....

I was using it for general browsing, email and such, so not much hit on the 80GB.

Hardly surprising if you exceeded the 80GB that they cut it back ..... nice you were not cut off completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 ibmyself

Regarding Data: My Experience is you will be slowed down when you have used between 50 and 60GB's of data not 80GB as advertised. And by 'slowed down' they mean completely crippled to 25Kb/s at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

ibmyself wrote: »
    Regarding Data: My Experience is you will be slowed down when you have used between 50 and 60GB's of data not 80GB as advertised. And by 'slowed down' they mean completely crippled to 25Kb/s at best.

really? is that stated in small print?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭comput1

How is it working for anyone with a GOMO sim in a modem now?

ibmyself wrote: »

That's not true, I have many friends and family members on Gomo and that hasn't happened to any of them until they hit 80GB. I would contact Gomo if that is happening to you as they are breaking their T&Cs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

By coincidence I'm thinking of getting one of these sims for a 4g modem to run security cameras on a property I have. Wobt be using it to stream other than the odd alert of a cat running by

I'll be ok, because I'm getting a number with the sim, my sister had to port her numbers, they made a balls of it and it took literally months to resolve and correspondances to comreg

Their customer service appears to be non existent, but that's part of the deal I guess with with price

• Advertisement

By coincidence I'm thinking of getting one of these sims for a 4g modem to run security cameras on a property I have. Wobt be using it to stream other than the odd alert of a cat running by

I'll be ok, because I'm getting a number with the sim, my sister had to port her numbers, they made a balls of it and it took literally months to resolve and correspondances to comreg

Their customer service appears to be non existent,
    but that's part of the deal I guess with with price

....... Eir, par for the course ........

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

....... Eir, par for the course ........

Agree. But they've managed to have supercharged the useless.

...but, if you're willing to risk it, which I believe I am in my circumstanc of just needing a sim for a router for a few cameras..if it doesn't work, well 14 day cooling off period will come into effect

Advertisement