Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strict NAT on xbox one with vodafone gigabox router

Options
  • 27-10-2019 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi can some help me sort out my Nat. Its strict . Ive tried several th8ngs from youtube but nothing has worked.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

You want to change it ?

I don't have a device that describes the functions in this manner, so had to go find out what 'strict' means .... still not sure as
    But the terminology really is nebulous.

https://serverfault.com/questions/208522/what-is-strict-moderate-and-open-nat

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dunc32

Yes I want to change it to open

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

To quote from that link I posted
    In open NAT, any machine on the internet can send traffic to your router's port 21283, and the packet will be sent back to you:

Although it is a bit ambiguous to me, it really seems to be describing a 'Port Forward' setting in the firewall.

Can you port forward the port you want to be open to whatever device you have that has a server running on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭65535

Looks like an XBox port (21283)
    Try turning on Universal Plug & Play (UPnP) and re-test

Advertisement