Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC on FOX 25: Weidman vs. Gastelum

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ooohh I think he'd take Bispings soul. Good call out.

Weidman vs Bisping as co-author event in MSG.

Dana is jipping himself at home now.

Na I think if Rockhold gets through his comeback fight, it'll be Bisping/Rockhold for MSG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Kirby wrote: »
    Na I think if Rockhold gets through his comeback fight, it'll be Bisping/Rockhold for MSG.

The September card is too close to the MSG card for them to risk it.

If Bisping defends this year and it's not against GSP it will be Weidman in MSG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsss! WEIIIDMANNN. I knew he wasn't going to lose to a welter weight.

The "welterweight" dropped him clean with a left hook lol.

I can't see this version of Weidman beating Bisping at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Yeah I wouldnt be saying ''he's back'' after that win, good win at home dominated the smaller guy, the division is all over the place so god knows how far or close he is from being in title contention, I'd watch him v Jacare next if possible.

haha. Weidman on his way out from the Octagon totally blanked his manager Audie Attar :D Audie looked happy though $$$$$

• Advertisement

Weidman's "I'd like to thank Jesus Christ my saviour" spiel is starting to piss me off.

I'm pretty sure "Thou must take bundles of money from a brutal, evil, heinous despotic madman" is not one of the 10 Commandments.

If he wants to keep taking Kadyrov's money then fine but STFU about being a "Christian". /rant.

Holy God look at the force that left hand landed with

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/888955420730982400

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

Hard to say his chin is gone if that didn't send him to the land of nod. Delighted for Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Just watched it. Enjoyed most of that, the heavyweights being the exception - as usual. Apart from some slightly ambitious scoring, the decisions were all good for a change.

Cowboys finish was a thing of beauty.

Good clearly lost that, I thought 29-28 but could see how the 2 judges went 30-27

As soon as Rivera landed that slam early in the third, Almeida needed a finish. 2nd round could have been a draw. How one judge got 30-26 was a bit :confused:

Cruz called both of those fights completely wrong too

Villante is so crap it actually annoyed me - as it appeared it did his coaches too. He should have finished it early when Cummins was doing the weird slo-mo lurch forward with his head out at the beginning. Cummins did great after that, beat him to the jab a lot. Not sure how Villante can be so shocked at the result. Either way, not a great watch.

Bermudez was a bit dumb, kept trying to clinch even though he was losing those tussles. Even third round when was doing the right thing by keeping distance and landing good shots......then he clinches :confused:

Happy for Weidman, professional performance, back to basics. Kelvin needs to get in shape and bring more weapons to the table.

Roll on next week!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

For someone who trains so much with Danaher I'm stunned Weidman isn't just rolling back in the guard for that ankle.
    I've often wondered that also.I assumed it's down to spending more time with Renzo than Danaher.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mellor wrote: »
    I've often wondered that also.I assumed it's down to spending more time with Renzo than Danaher.

Any time someone gets me in closed guard and I'm postured up if I known their leglock game isn't great I'm going for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I thought weidman fought a very smart game last night compared to his last few fights. Used his wrestling and size to his advantage and stayed patient

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Any time someone gets me in closed guard and I'm postured up if I known their leglock game isn't great I'm going for it.

I've spent a fair bit of time on leg lock entries this year. I think I'm gonna have to stop going for them for a bit. I can't remember the last time I caught a choke in rolling. Ridiculously bias towards joint locks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Really wish Gastelum would get his act together with his weight, def a potential champ at welterweight.

Good win for Chris though just what he needed, still think the top 5 **** him up including Bisping which I never thought I would've said a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭tinpib

I see performance of the night went Alex Oliveira and Junior Albini. I think that Eryk Anders guy can count himself very unlucky for not picking one up for what he did to Natal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

tinpib wrote: »
    I see performance of the night went Alex Oliveira and Junior Albini. I think that Eryk Anders guy can count himself very unlucky for not picking one up for what he did to Natal.

cowboy deserved it for sparing us 15 mins of la flare doing his stuff

Anders deserved it as much as either of them and even more so for taking it on such short notice, poor ol shane burgos will have to wait a bit longer for his

Advertisement