Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heating Zones not connected to panel

Options
  • 04-07-2020 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

hi

I have 3 motorised valves in my hot press upstairs. 2 thermostats, one downstairs and one upstairs. However my heating will only power on and off. If I want upstairs heating on only I have to turn down a thermostat.

There is no wiring at the panel/ power switch. Is it a big job to run wires to make my house a 3 zone system. Or can there some new tech or wireless systems out there. House is 2 storey and built in 2007.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Gilbey wrote: »
    hi

I have 3 motorised valves in my hot press upstairs. 2 thermostats, one downstairs and one upstairs. However my heating will only power on and off. If I want upstairs heating on only I have to turn down a thermostat.

There is no wiring at the panel/ power switch. Is it a big job to run wires to make my house a 3 zone system. Or can there some new tech or wireless systems out there. House is 2 storey and built in 2007.

Thanks

It be more cost effective to get cables back to the hot press and install a New 3 channel programmer where the old timer is.
    There is a wireless system that could be installed depending on the house but expected that to cost a bit depending on the house.
    Unfortunately you don't qualify for the heating controls grant as your house was built after 2006.
    It be definitely be worth installing the 3 channel programmer and getting wires back to the hot press.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Gilbey

It be more cost effective to get cables back to the hot press and install a New 3 channel programmer where the old timer is.
    There is a wireless system that could be installed depending on the house but expected that to cost a bit depending on the house.
    Unfortunately you don't qualify for the heating controls grant as your house was built after 2006.
    It be definitely be worth installing the 3 channel programmer and getting wires back to the hot press.

I have power from thermostats to the hot press, because the motorised valves work when i turn down the stats. But don't seem to have enough cables at the point where my controls are . Just think there is 2 or 3 cables isnthat enough?? Or should there be more to connect a 3 zone control.

Advertisement