Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Ferries how do you get through to them?

• 01-07-2020 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

They don't reply to email and after being in the phone queue for half an hour they cut you off and say they can't answer your call?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

GinSoaked wrote: »
    They don't reply to email and after being in the phone queue for half an hour they cut you off and say they can't answer your call?

Facebook messenger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Does that work? I don't use face book but will sign up if I have to.

Edit> Seems to be getting somewhere but no reply yet.

Looking good, slow as they are obviously dealing with a load of chats at the same time but hopeful my stupid booking mistake can be resolved.

Edit> Brilliant that worked took, about an hour on DM on Facebook to sort but got dates changed and it only cost €2 even though one of the sailings had already sailed so you can imagine how badly I'd screwed the booking up.

Then of course just to take the icing off the cake my Facebook account got banned, 1 hour after creating it? So I couldn't sort out the issue of credit IF owe me but that really was a more minor problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

I just called them...took me about 30 seconds to speak to someone, and all questions answered. Maybe try earlier in the morning?

(And yes I was on to the amend/cancel a booking option)

I just called them...took me about 30 seconds to speak to someone, and all questions answered. Maybe try earlier in the morning?

(And yes I was on to the amend/cancel a booking option)

I didn't really have any option when I called as I had well and truly messed up a booking and needed to know if I had to rebook. I called as soon as I noticed my error but I would't have thought 0930 was the worst time to start calling?

The service, once I got on to them on Facebook was first class and they even followed up with a second issue by email (they owed me €200 from a previous Covid-19 cancellation) after Facebook banned me.

Yep never had a Facebook account before and an hour after creating an account and half way through a chat with Irish Ferries my account gets banned? Three posts on IF FB page nothing bad and a chat was all I've ever done on FB. Tried their appeals process and following day my account is permanently banned. Well I never did want an account so nothing lost. It would have been nice to have commented on the excellent help I'd got from IF.

• Advertisement
Advertisement