Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hotel in Portugal won't issue COVID Refund

• 02-07-2020 4:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone else successfully gotten a refund from a hotel in Portugal that closed for COVID?

I booked through booking.com and the hotel cancelled the booking yey won't issue me a refund, they'll only issue a credit note which doesn't suit.

Here's the response they gave:

Dear Madam

We have inform all the clients that Due to the Pandemia Covid - 19 and Government recommendations / State of Emergency Declaration/ Calamity, which affect the operation of Hotel units, we decided to close our unit Luna Hotel da Oura from 28/03/2020 to 30/05/2020.

Please be informed that for all the no-refundable reservations.

who are unable to travel in the year 2020, the Portuguese Government stated that Hotels must issue a voucher valid until 31th December 2021.

According to the Emergency Declaration, Decree-Law 17/2020 of 23/04/2020, hotels are not obliged to return the deposits.

We will send you a voucher on the next days

Melhores Cumprimentos, | Best Regards,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭bluenose1956

I had a similar situation with a Spanish hotel who said no refund on a non-refundable reservation. They didn’t even offer a credit note.
    I did a chargeback on the credit card (BOI).
    Got my refund within days but not sure if the hotel relented or it was through the chargeback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

I had a similar situation with a Spanish hotel who said no refund on a non-refundable reservation. They didn’t even offer a credit note.
    I did a chargeback on the credit card (BOI).
    Got my refund within days but not sure if the hotel relented or it was through the chargeback.

Thanks for your reply.
    I tried a charge back with my bank PTSB and they said they could do nothing. They were incredibly bad and offered no help or guidance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭bluenose1956

That is very strange. They should at least give a reason.
    All I put on the chargeback form was “hotel closed” but as I said I’m not sure who/what brought about the refund.
    Hope you get your money back.

Advertisement