Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacement Boiler

• 22-06-2020 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I think my Gas Boiler might be on the way out. It is a Vokera Mynute 16E about 12 or 13 years old. Anyone any recommendations for a Boiler and Brand to replace it with. I think I would prefer not to get another Vokera.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ladylouth

We replaced a 15 year old Vokera Mynute with an Ideal boiler about a month ago. So far, so goo, but winter will tell the tale fully....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Ladylouth wrote: »
    We replaced a 15 year old Vokera Mynute with an Ideal boiler about a month ago. So far, so goo, but winter will tell the tale fully....

Thanks a lot. Ideal was a Brand recommended and aslo Worcester Bosch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

anewme wrote: »
    Thanks a lot. Ideal was a Brand recommended and aslo Worcester Bosch.

Two good boilers but I'd fit the bosch over the ideal in my house any day..
    Veissmann do a great boiler too but probably a bit more expensive than the ideal but personally I think they are a better quality boiler.

Two good boilers but I'd fit the bosch over the ideal in my house any day..
    Veissmann do a great boiler too but probably a bit more expensive than the ideal but personally I think they are a better quality boiler.

Thanks a lot, I was recommended Boesch, Veismann and Ideal in that order. There is probably a few hundred euro between them all, but price not really an issue. Only thing is I'm looking for a smaller size boiler as it's to fit in a kitchen press and I know Veissman is bigger in size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Thanks a lot, I was recommended Boesch, Veismann and Ideal in that order. There is probably a few hundred euro between them all, but price not really an issue. Only thing is I'm looking for a smaller size boiler as it's to fit in a kitchen press and I know Veissman is bigger in size.

Bosch do a heat only boiler that could be what your looking for and so do glowworm.
    I haven't installed a glowworm in years but I hear they aren't a bad boiler at the moment but if you can get the bosch to fit id go with that.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the feedback.

The Veismann is too big, so it is between the Ideal and Boesch so will probably go with the Boesch.

One thing I will say if you are shopping for anything like this, really do shop around, there is a huge difference between the quotes for the same product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

Thanks for the feedback.

The Veismann is too big, so it is between the Ideal and Boesch so will probably go with the Boesch.

One thing I will say if you are shopping for anything like this, really do shop around, there is a huge difference between the quotes for the same product.

And a huge difference in installation, will system be flushed, inhibitor, and magna clean.
    + a few more thing...

Thanks for the feedback everyone. The quotes are all different so am not sure if the itemised work is the same.

One quote said magna filter, one says bosch filter, one says chemical power flush(that costs extra), one says chemical inhibitor.

As Im not technical - very hard to know if the stuff is the same.

Also Valiant boiler offered as well as the other 2.

The system needs new values as well in the hotpress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Ask for clarity from the plumbers. Things you want..
    A magnetic filter.
    A power flush with a machine and chemicals. NOT a chemical flush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Is the summer a good time to replace a boiler, ie, do you get a better price?

• Advertisement

No, I think the price is the same - you just dont want to be caught out in Winter and workload may be busier, though anyone I am contacting is fairly busy (fair play to them after being out for so long) I'm replacing as the other one is gone.

No difference.
    You call me now I’ll get there in the next 3 weeks.
    Call me in November and it might be February before I get to you. That’s the only difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Hi Everyone,

I think my Gas Boiler might be on the way out. It is a Vokera Mynute 16E about 12 or 13 years old. Anyone any recommendations for a Boiler and Brand to replace it with. I think I would prefer not to get another Vokera.

Id go with a Glow-worm boiler. 7 year warranty offered also.

https://www.gasworks.ie/glowworm-gas-boilers/#:~:text=Glow%2Dworm%20System%20Gas%20Boilers,cylinder%20(Hot%20Press%20Tank).&text=Albeit%20through%20a%20hot%20water%20cylinder%20system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭thebourke

when an ideal logic boiler has these options below.

does it mean the more kw mean more radiators you have to heat etc?
    Price list:

15kw €1599

18kw €1799

24kw €1999

30kw €2299

Do you need a hot cylinder if you are getting your boiler replaced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Any particular reason? Just got an otherwise reasonable quote for boiler replacement with a Glow Worm.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Back Home

But That's your opinion, mines been working no problem for 10 years. But I like Ideal for there simple controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭AMTE_21

I had a glow worm boiler put in in 2019 with a 5 year warranty. Have had it serviced every year and it’s due its next one in July. I’ve had them out once already between services, with the radiators not heating and no hot water and now it’s happened again. I looked up the error and it’s an air lock again, I had a part replaced the last time, I just don’t trust it any more, can I get a new boiler before the warranty is up? I had my last boiler for 20 years and was working fine when I got it replaced, only changed because I thought a new one would be more efficient, I’m using my immersion now for hot water. Have I a case to change it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

Do you mean getting Gloworm to fit you a new boiler under warranty? Or getting a new boiler yourself

Advertisement