Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Original Retroflag SuperPI Case for Raspberry Pi - £12.54 Delivered - AliExpress/Live

Options
  • 01-07-2020 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_dWh9dtC

I can't explain without actually sounding overly sad (which I'm sure I will succeed with a few times in this post) just how fantastic these Retroflag SNES cases are for Raspberry Pi units.

I was gifted one for Christmas to house my fairly pathetic looking Pi and they really are so good. The build quality is amazing, the power switch and reset buttons work as you'd expect them, which was an absolute joy after using the standard casing provided with the Raspberry Pi. Overall, the benefits make the Raspberry Pi unit so sleek, especially if you're using it for retro gaming.

The unit above I've linked to above comes in at £12.54 and comes complete with a cooling fan, screwdriver and a cartridge (see below), as well of course as the actual Retroflag SuperPi unit.

3492471.jpg
    If you're not happy with the standard cartridge sticker that ships with the SuperPi, various stickers can be purchased for the cartridge from various places on the internet, such as Etsy, who currently has a seller distributing 33 different varieties for £2.84 (shipping from July 6th).

There are 4 USB ports on the unit. Two housed at the front in the placing where the original SNES controllers would connect on the Super Nintendo console, and a further two the back left hand side under a removable compartment, where an ethernet port also sits.

3492471.jpg
    If you're not using the cartridge compartment (it's worth noting the £12.54 model does come complete with this) then the eject button on the unit is fully operation and opens the cartridge slot compartment where you can store additional memory cards, etc.

If you've got a Raspberry Pi that's looking a bit tired or crap - honestly, I couldn't recommend this enough, especially if you're prepared to wait and save yourself a pretty penny over the Amazon offering at £20.99.

Further image of the inside of the case...

3492471.jpg

If Nintendo isn't your thing, LiveTime also have the Retroflag MEGAPi CASE-M available for £16.01.

3492471.jpg
    It's a very similar design to the SuperPi case - including 4 usb ports (two front, two to the side) and a storage unit (where the 16-bit is placed) that lifts up. As with the SuperPi, the on/off, reset and eject buttons are all operational.

Advertisement