Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie - where can I practice fly Dublin

Options
  • 20-06-2020 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all
    New to boards and this forum. Also pretty new to Drones too. I’m looking for somewhere I can practice hands on flying reasonably close in without disturbing anyone. Always within the rules of the airspace but also well away from houses etc. A fair sized field would be perfect - if farm then obviously arable not livestock. Inside Co Dublin or very North Wicklow to comply with current travel guidelines. Willing to offer reasonable compensation for the right location.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

Welcome along mate.
    I'd try Wicklow mountains, plenty of room plus no flying restrictions as such as per attached

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Chumley Warner

Thanks - yes that’s the ideal area alright but I’m looking to get the landowners permission. Wondering if any forum members have experience of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

Thanks - yes that’s the ideal area alright but I’m looking to get the landowners permission. Wondering if any forum members have experience of this.

well, if you'll take off from e.g public roads car park, you wont need land owners permission to fly over their fields but you will need one to get close to their house if so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭tele2020

I'm in the same boat and don't want to start a new thread but looking for something with stabilisation and moveable camera, straight ahead and then look straight down. 1080p preferably, but if I can get something in 2-4k even better with micro or sd slot. Budget up to €100-200 or even lower if I can get those specs?

Thanks.

p.s is there a good drone site that you can search for drones by spec and tick the required boxes?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

tele2020 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat and don't want to start a new thread but looking for something with stabilisation and moveable camera, straight ahead and then look straight down. 1080p preferably, but if I can get something in 2-4k even better with micro or sd slot. Budget up to €100-200 or even lower if I can get those specs?

Thanks.

p.s is there a good drone site that you can search for drones by spec and tick the required boxes?

The budget is a bit on the low side, I'm thinking something like the fimi A3 would be a decent option that would do what you need at 1080p.

I research by watching YouTube, it's probably the best way to get user opinions and sample footage.

Look out for the following manufacturers

Xiaomi
    Hubsan
    DJI spark
    Parrot

Just noticed the zino with 3 batteries is €222 at the moment

https://m.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_009470935593.html?wid=1591127&currency=EUR&vip=79535201&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpNr4BRDYARIsAADIx9zpCdri5tM6ZMpWOCP1SYSo6GThLtgPMGeLJ5O7gaMJe1ysdWXAy8QaAlWSEALw_wcB

Then it's all about finding the one you want at the best price.

Feel free to PM me or comment within the drone forum if you have any questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭tele2020

have you bought from gearbest before. There's always bad reviews on this and banggood etc...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

tele2020 wrote:
    have you bought from gearbest before. There's always bad reviews on this and banggood etc...

Yeah, I've bought from both. Unfortunately there's not a whole lot of alternatives. Both have crappy customer service and there's a 10% chance of being hit by customs in Ireland(based on many orders). The products always get there but due to covid are taking up to a month to arrive. If you have patience, do it, otherwise maybe buy locally on eBay or Amazon.

Advertisement