Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i like chess

• 30-05-2005 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

do you like chess?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Yes, I like chess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

[mono-tone voice] I like chess too [/mono-tone voice]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

me too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Griffon

I enjoy playing chess although I have not played it for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I like chess lots, although I find it slightly stressful occasionally frustrating.
    How much do you like chess?

C'mon! Let's get this forum jumping! Yeaha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

i play chess but i kinda suck at it

im good in the begining but i kinda loose the plot about half way through then i FAIL and DIE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Abdiel

Just started playing again recently having not played ata ll in years. Still very rusty but am going to make an effort to learn to play properly this time ! Maybe we could have a sticky with links to resources for learners ? the Exter Chess Club website is a good source, lots of training materials.

On a side note, Ireland finished 32nd in the European Team Chess Championships in Sweden last week. We weren't last though - think it might be the first time we haven't finished last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Mark J

i like chess....but i like caravans more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Marth

i love it actually play at least once a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

I like chests

and chess too :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

been playiong a fair bit on yahoo the last week or so. Started a game earlier. Waited for the other guy to click start and he didn't so I left. Next time I looked my rating had gone down by 20 points and I was registered as abandoning a game. Similar sorts of things have happened a few times on it.
    The odd thing was was that I was *really* mad over that. Weird that it pissed me off so much. Very trivial thing and generally it takes something reasonably significant to bother me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭goodgod3rd

i like chess.. but i always ose

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Barno

Check out this site of a Dutch chess player: http://www.emmakade18.nl/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Illegal Alien

I don't like chess. It hurts my head. I prefer checkers.

King me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭sportswear

chess is a good game, but it can go on awfully long and you can't really mix chess with alcohol and/or drugs 'cos it requires thought. Thats why i usually play snap or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

i like chess............ and why shouldn't I?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 donkeyradish

I like cheese. Is that close enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 youcantseeme

I just looked in here for a laugh and i got 1. lol

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Chess and vodka resulted in Nuclear Chess, the empty bottle being the Nuke. Had a few coins as well for mini nukes. Was a great game. Basically where-ever you threw a coin on the board all squares around the square where the coin landed were totally wiped clean. Each person has 1 nuke and has to think carefully when they are going to use it.

Note - The nukes are usually used somewhere towards the end of the bottle of vodka.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Heh I would imagine so.
    Prefer the real chess myself but there is something to be said about nuclear chess, it has that certain something.
    Usually there is little chess involved in our drinking games though, this should change.

• Advertisement
Advertisement