Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Piercing Would you like to get?

Options
  • 17-06-2003 4:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Aside from what piercings you have got.
    What Do you most want to get done?

im getting an Ampallang(Ouch) before the end of the summer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

I'm thinking about getting a labret done in a couple of weeks once I have some money, and in the far distance I'm pondering getting the lobe stretched minorly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Wanna get the top of my ear done. I was pondering getting a bar across the top of my ear but I think I'll just go with a ring...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Thanks for that Sandi, almost forgot, I'm considering one of them.

Getting my eyebrow done again, as soon as I get the cash together, and get time to go into town. Last one grew out cos of the bar, so I'm gonna get a 1.2mm ring in it till it heals, and see where I go from there.

Would like to get my tongue done, but there never seems to be a good time. Especially considering I have to talk in the phone in work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

i want to get my tounge done but i am too scared of needles it took me ages to get my eyebrow done [which wasnt sore at all] also i work in a call center and the americans can bearly understand me at the moment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Fetch

Planning to get the web of my tounge done at some point over the summer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Lip would be good, anyone know a price off hand?

Originally posted by Fetch
    Planning to get the web of my tounge done at some point over the summer...
    O_0
    As in the webbing underneath the tongue?? AACK! What kind of piercings would you put in there?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Had my eyebrow done (twice), but my own silliness lead to it coming out. Might get it done again (third time's the charm).

I want to get 2 lower lip piercings so I can have 2 spikes sticking out at right angles to my face. It'll be very silly, yet evil looking (when combined with my spikey beard).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

lips around 35-45 E i think. for some reason it was more expensive to get a stud lip piercing instead of a ring??

My lip piercing was £25 in December 2001. Just before the Eurons came in. I don't know what they are now but probably somwhere close to what Silent Grape said.
    You have a choice between getting a ring or a bar. I wanted a ring right away but it was recommended that I get the bar in until it healed and then I could put the ring in. The reason being that because the bar is straight, the hole heals better. The bar was only £2 more expensive and it was worth it. Before the hole healed I took out the bar and put a ring in and after a day it was extremely painful so I left the bar in till it was healed (about 3 months) and then put the ring in and it's been there ever since...except the brief moments when I've taken it out to try and squirt water out the hole but it never works...:mad:

• Advertisement

Originally posted by nosmo
    O_0
    As in the webbing underneath the tongue?? AACK! What kind of piercings would you put in there?

Well just a short bar going through it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Through the web? uggh, I thought that you weren't supposed to get the web done as it's far too dangerous if it gets infected, due to glands and what not under the tongue. It can seriously affect your speech, so I've heard. The worst tongue piercings,(or the ones that go horribly wrong are the ones where the bar or piercing is too far back on the tongue and pierces the web by mistake, or so I've heard), enlighten me???

Anyways, I've got my nose done, but I'd like the top of my ear done again. I had it done about three years ago and feel asleep on my mates stomach at a party, whatever happened I woke up and it was infected, the dirty b**ch.:)

Originally posted by Fetch
    Would there be much of a risk as regards tearing?

Well I've seen a couple of people with it and it doesnt seem to be a big risk... it'll be sitting fairly snugly under the tounge so i cant imagine it getting caught on anything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

im gonna get my bottom lip done but im a big pussy and hate pain how bad is it?

Originally posted by bug
    Through the web? uggh, I thought that you weren't supposed to get the web done as it's far too dangerous if it gets infected, due to glands and what not under the tongue.

Well dont know about that... i havnt 100% looked into it yet but i've met a few people that have it done and they didnt mention any more of a risk of infection than from any other oral piercing...

Originally posted by Catsmokinpot
    im gonna get my bottom lip done but im a big pussy and hate pain how bad is it?

It doesn't hurt nearly as much as you expect it to. It takes literally 2 seconds for the needle to go through and once that's done it's fine. I'd recommend that you get a bar first until it heals. If the place you go to is professional and the people are helpful then they'll recommend the same.
    With the bar it takes a few days until you can eat properly coz it hurts a little (slight discomfort) and you have to be really careful not to get your teeth caught on the little flat round bit on the inside of the piercing coz it pulls and hurts!

Go for it. I've had mine for just over a year and a half and I love it. I've got the ring in (put it in 3 months after I got it pierced) and I love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

i was told that the piercing for a ring (lip) was at a differnt angle from the stud. i wanted to change my lip for a stud vbut he said i couldnt because of the differnt angles. he wasnt fleecing me or anything, he was being genuine. this is in celestial ring.

getting the ring hurt quite a bit and i nearly passed out afterwards. it was a little drawn out. getting the bar put in took less than two seconds and was barely a pinch.

just go for it, u wont be feeling much pain the next day and uve got a cool piercing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

Originally posted by Sandi
    It doesn't hurt nearly as much as you expect it to. It takes literally 2 seconds for the needle to go through and once that's done it's fine. I'd recommend that you get a bar first until it heals. If the place you go to is professional and the people are helpful then they'll recommend the same.
    With the bar it takes a few days until you can eat properly coz it hurts a little (slight discomfort) and you have to be really careful not to get your teeth caught on the little flat round bit on the inside of the piercing coz it pulls and hurts!

Go for it. I've had mine for just over a year and a half and I love it. I've got the ring in (put it in 3 months after I got it pierced) and I love it!

thanks for the info im gonna get it done after witnness:D

Advertisement