Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Muddy Fox

• 19-09-2012 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am thinking of changing over to proper cycling shoes and I know there are lots of threads about this. I mostly go adventure races so it suits to wear my trail runners on the bike to save transition times! I am now starting to spend more time on the bike however so time for change. Budget is a big issue and got a bit of a shock when I started looking around at shoes. I then came accross a shoe I liked the look of and was delighted to see the price! Could you have a look and see if this is a case of "its it looks too good to be true it probably is!"

http://www.sportsdirect.com/muddyfox-rbs200-mens-cycling-shoes-144009

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

They seem good value alright. For a basic pair you cant go wrong there. Ive no history with sportsdirect but they are legit, i just cant vouch for their delivery time etc

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Vivienne23

I bought jerseys and stuff from sports direct , think delivery times were about 3 days but they send u emails and a tracking number to keep you updated and are delivered by DHL , I'm thinking about going the same road as yourself so will be interested to see how you get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

I actually ordered the very same pair in the OP's message. Delivery took 2-3days. Very happy with them, but I still have to get the cleats and pedals, which I was thinking of getting done in my LBS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Aldi are having a sale of bike wear on the 27th. Would their stuff be as good as the Muddy Fox stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭flanzer

I bought a similar pair off sports direct a number of weeks back. I'm new to road cycling and just wanted a pair to start off with and get used to.

Well it didn't take too long to get used to the cleats and pedals and to tell you the truth, they're just 'alright'.

The big thing with cycling, as I've learned in the past few weeks, is that you need and stiff sole for support. These shoes can be folded in half, tucking the toe into the shoe! Try do that on an entry level Shimano shoe! It can't be done.

That is why I've ordered a pair of these
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shimano-Mens-R077-Cycling-Shoe/dp/B00472O17A/ref=pop?ie=UTF8&qid=1348138065&s=shoes&sr=1-2&ssv=size_name%3A11.5%20UK

I recommend spending an extra £20 and get yourself an entry Shimano shoe. With Shimano, always buy a size too big though. So if your a UK/Ire size 10, buy an 11, as they're a small fitting

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Slightly Bunkers

Roddy23 wrote: »
    which I was thinking of getting done in my LBS.
    LBS?

Well the stuff I ordered arrived yesterday. all looks/fits just fine. Haven't used the shoes yet so can't comment but the feel and look good so far.

Thanks for the feedback.

Oh! Never mind! LBS - Local Bike Shop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Pablo Rubio

Bought the MBS200 MBT shoes a few weeks ago to use with SPD pedals for commuting. Really fast delivery from Sportsdirect( I think they're part of Heatons Group) .The shoes are a Super job for the price and saving the wear and tear on my racing shoes which are nearly 10 times the price. Will be ordering a few more pairs of these(road and mtb). You get what you pay for is always my advice but for any just one getting into cycling these are grand for starting off.

Advertisement