Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LGB Alliance

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

OP here. I have been contacted by PM by gay members who were glad that I raised this issue as they also agree. But I was told not to bother trying to raise these issues in this forum as there is little room for discussion.

As I created the post, I feel obliged to address the very few arguments that have been made in this thread against the formation of the LGB group. The main argument seems to be that the whole group should be collective. Why then, are there various Trans only groups?

The only other argument I can see is that people don't understand why LGB should split from the T. They ridicule the notion that lesbians are being forced to accept the notion of having to accept a female penis - aka the cotton ceiling. I can only assume that you are not aware of this phenomenon, and if that is the case, you can PM me and I will provide you with the damning evidence.

I am not alone in my worries about what is happening here. My genuine transexual friends are also aghast at how this trend is removing safeguards and is opening the door for abusive males to gaslight the community into allowing them have access to females and children. People who champion this are most definitely not on the right side of history, and we will look back and judge you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Yeah I believe you now when thousands wouldn't.

Yeah I believe you now when thousands wouldn't.

Excuse me, are you accusing me of lying? You're a mod. Have a look at my PMs.

Keep at it pretending that you are on the right side of history. You are in an increasingly diminishing echo chamber. We see you for what you are. A small group of misogynistic males. Stay away from our kids please.

And while I'm ****in at it, I'm in Gran Canaria at the moment. Spent the second night in a wonderful gay bar in the Yumba centre It was brilliant. Brought my young daughter and she bought a pride flag. And then as we left, we passed a bloke with dog's head bondage gear on. That's nothing to do with LGBT, that's fetishism. Keep that **** away from my kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Dante7 wrote: »
    And while I'm ****in at it, I'm in Gran Canaria at the moment. Spent the second night in a wonderful gay bar in the Yumba centre It was brilliant. Brought my young daughter and she bought a pride flag. And then as we left, we passed a bloke with dog's head bondage gear on. That's nothing to do with LGBT, that's fetishism. Keep that **** away from my kids.
    Well to be fair. It was a bar at night time. Might have been a fetish night nearby. These exist in Ireland too and not just for gay people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Keep at it pretending that you are on the right side of history. You are in an increasingly diminishing echo chamber. We see you for what you are. A small group of misogynistic males. Stay away from our kids please.

Mod

Clearly this is in breach of the forum.charter

It breaks part 2 - an expectation of mature, civil, constructive discussion
    It breaks part 7 - it is clearly trolling
    It breaks part 8 - Suggesting lgbt people are child abusers and women haters
    It breaks part 14 - not treating lgbt people with dignity and respect

1 day forum ban and dont post in the thread when you return

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod

A reminder for everyone. Publishing the contents of a PM is against the rules unless you have the consent of both the sender and recipient. Redacting the username is not sufficient.

This is a sitewide rule

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq_guidelines#faq_dont_publish_pms

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭isohon

You brought your daughter to a gay bar, in the Yumbo Centre... which holds the annual Maspalomas Fetish Week, (in October btw) and now you are shocked that she witnessed someone in fetish gear. Some questions arise? What age is your daughter? Why are you 'bringing' her to a gay bar? Why do you think it is a stranger's responsibility to protect your daughter from a mask?

Oh and not being hung up on 'fetishes' is actually part of LGBT existence. Not everyone, not every LGBT person will agree but weirdly its hard to gain traction in the LGBT movement telling consenting adults what they can and cannot do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭isohon

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    Well to be fair. It was a bar at night time. Might have been a fetish night nearby. These exist in Ireland too and not just for gay people.

I was in Torremolinos last year, and two doors down from my hotel, next to a lovely quaint seaside shop selling sandcastle buckets and spades was a STRAIGHT swingers club. Complete with electric signage with some interesting displays.

Dante's dog whistling is obvious to everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Mod

Please don't reply to a thread banned user

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

It seems the only reason this thread was started was to bait people.

Honestly... what a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

I thought you didn't know much about this issue? Yet suddenly you know all about this group?

Since ive been active here, the guy has spent more time sea lioning, gaslighting, dog whistling, victim blaming and minimizing the experiences of trans people in this forum than any other user on here. Seriously.

And if you don't know all those terms - they're all well known tactics of bad faith arguments.

You really need to protect people better from this ****

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement