Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters Deferral

Options
  • 18-08-2019 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello

Could someone please help me with regards to deferring a taught masters. I deferred last year due to family bereavement and I'm still just not right but I'd love to continue when I can. It states in the rules up to three years but it's confusing as I'm not sure if it's just for fees or the amount of time you can take off?

I'd appreciate any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭invara

Hello

Could someone please help me with regards to deferring a taught masters. I deferred last year due to family bereavement and I'm still just not right but I'd love to continue when I can. It states in the rules up to three years but it's confusing as I'm not sure if it's just for fees or the amount of time you can take off?

I'd appreciate any help.

Talk to the course director or head of dept. They should by sympathetic, and will know the rules. They will also know that the longer you leave it the less likely you will return. Courses are updated frequently and this can cause difficulties with blending old modules with new.

WIT has counselling and other supports. If your grief and energy is such that you feel unable to continue with your learning, you should access these kinds of services either from WIT or your GP.

Advertisement