Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tractor remapping

Options
  • 27-04-2020 3:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Was just wondering is it worth my while getting my Case maxxum 100-x line remapped, would their be much noticeable difference in torque fuel consumption etc, would she be heavier on diesel, she got her head gasket done about 3/400 hours ago and i don’t want to remap her if it’ll only ruin the engine in her after spending that money to get her done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

We run all New Holland tractors, same as the Case really,

Got our '08 T6050 remapped, they are renowned for being a bit dead. They are about 135hp new, we got ours put up just a bit, to 160hp. It made a huge difference when towing heavy trailers and mowing silage, tractor feels much more capable now, better low down torque. Negligible difference in fuel consumption.

Guy doing it said that 200hp was possible on our engine type, but we were happy with a little tweak, as it had almost 10,000 hours on it. No point in overdoing it, having power you don't need and throwing a rod or something.

Ignore input from 'Grassmen' type guys who think black smoke means power, and more is always better. You only need what you can use.

My advice would be to only have it remapped by someone who has a dynamometer to verify their map, other wise it can be a stab in the dark.

Heard a story from a dealer of two JD 6830s remapped before sale. First one was grand putting out about 150 or so at PTO, the other one, with an identical map, went over 200 and climbing before they stopped the test. Strange things can happen. (the second tractor would have been an unstoppable machine for about 6 months, after which it would be unstartable!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Case_Agri

Testacalda wrote: »
    We run all New Holland tractors, same as the Case really,

Got our '08 T6050 remapped, they are renowned for being a bit dead. They are about 135hp new, we got ours put up just a bit, to 160hp. It made a huge difference when towing heavy trailers and mowing silage, tractor feels much more capable now, better low down torque. Negligible difference in fuel consumption.

Guy doing it said that 200hp was possible on our engine type, but we were happy with a little tweak, as it had almost 10,000 hours on it. No point in overdoing it, having power you don't need and throwing a rod or something.

Ignore input from 'Grassmen' type guys who think black smoke means power, and more is always better. You only need what you can use.

My advice would be to only have it remapped by someone who has a dynamometer to verify their map, other wise it can be a stab in the dark.

Heard a story from a dealer of two JD 6830s remapped before sale. First one was grand putting out about 150 or so at PTO, the other one, with an identical map, went over 200 and climbing before they stopped the test. Strange things can happen. (the second tractor would have been an unstoppable machine for about 6 months, after which it would be unstartable!)

Ya thats fair enough cause we find she can be dead sometimes pulling trailers in 4th and we might have to throw her down to 3rd if she hits a decent sized hill now its not thats she’d be full time hauling but still can be a pain when she’s dying back with feck all on her,
    I remember our old jx 95 would pull like a train but the thing is with them i think they had a old fiat straight transmission plus she’s wasn’t as highly geared as ours is a 16x16 box

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mad-for-tar

Case_Agri wrote: »
    Was just wondering is it worth my while getting my Case maxxum 100-x line remapped, would their be much noticeable difference in torque fuel consumption etc, would she be heavier on diesel, she got her head gasket done about 3/400 hours ago and i don’t want to remap her if it’ll only ruin the engine in her after spending that money to get her done.

100 X Line would be 4 pot mechanical engine with Delphi rotary pump on it, no intercooler. Found them flat as hell in comparison to the older MXU100 which was a Bosch pump and intercooled (Tier 2).

Can’t be remapped as such if mechanical engine, if you needed more power from this pump, would have to come off and go to a diesel shop to get it specifically adjusted for what you need. Bosch pumps you can tweak a bit alright.

With common rail engines, remapping is always an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Case_Agri

100 X Line would be 4 pot mechanical engine with Delphi rotary pump on it, no intercooler. Found them flat as hell in comparison to the older MXU100 which was a Bosch pump and intercooled (Tier 2).

Can’t be remapped as such if mechanical engine, if you needed more power from this pump, would have to come off and go to a diesel shop to get it specifically adjusted for what you need. Bosch pumps you can tweak a bit alright.

With common rail engines, remapping is always an option.

Would it make much of a difference or would she still be dead ish i know it probably won’t make it pull like a train but still like it can be depressing how sluggish they are,
    Our local dealer got a lovely 100 tsa new holland in 04 ours is a 07 6k hours on new holland to ours 7k would there be any difference in them i know new hollands are case etc but i’m wondering would engine be different

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mad-for-tar

Case_Agri wrote: »
    Would it make much of a difference or would she still be dead ish i know it probably won’t make it pull like a train but still like it can be depressing how sluggish they are,
    Our local dealer got a lovely 100 tsa new holland in 04 ours is a 07 6k hours on new holland to ours 7k would there be any difference in them i know new hollands are case etc but i’m wondering would engine be different

To be honest, I wouldnt even bother considering taking the pump of it, if it was a Bosch, you could tweak yourself a small bit but you can't do it with a Delphi pump without taking it off and bringing it to a Diesel Injection services shop and at that, you'd have to ask them specifically to change the controls of the pistons and bits inside the pump to try improve it but even at that, you might never notice the difference. It's not worth the cost and the hassle of doing it on the Maxxum 100 X Line.

Both are the same 4 pot Iveco / FPT 4.5 litre engine, only difference is the TSA would be a Tier 2 with Bosch fuel system and intercooler and what you have is the same engine with a Delphi fuel system and no intercooler.

• Advertisement
Advertisement