Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Credits / PUP

Options
  • 08-04-2021 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has already been asked, my wife has been on PUP for the last 4 months, is it possible for me to claim her tax credits or does the PUP still make her “Employed” and in need of her credits?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Her tax credits will be needed for the PUP as it is taxable income.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Stratvs wrote: »
    Her tax credits will be needed for the PUP as it is taxable income.

But you might be able to move some of her band, if you pay high rate tax and have not done so already could be beneficial.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

ari101 wrote: »
    But you might be able to move some of her band, if you pay high rate tax and have not done so already could be beneficial.

true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Yep so I pay at the higher rate, I don’t know much about tax is it straightforward to move some of her credits? Or log in to revenue online and do from there?

Advertisement