Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'The Rise of Conor McGregor' MTV.co.uk documentary

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Really enjoyed that. I remember that i seen him fight at the first Fight before Christmas. Needless to say he won by TKO in the first round. John Kavanagh with some pretty inspiring words too.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭UncleChael

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    I remember that i seen him fight at the first Fight before Christmas. Needless to say he won by TKO in the first round.

I remember that fight, was very impressive, Steve Bailey was one of the best lightweights in the country at the time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Brimage not really up to much on this front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Xlami wrote: »

Brimage not really up to much on this front.

Quick fix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

McGregor won't take him lightly, needs to respect this guys stocky power but with good lateral movement and changing directions and switchin stances and fakes and all that crazy ninja sh1t McGregor does - he can/will beat him. After hearin him Brimage talk about the 'sweet spot' I hope McGregor shin kicks him - boom! and I jump all over me livin room.. why is the calender movin so slow somebody speed it up there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

ive classed myself as a fairly clued up MMA fan since the the UFC first came over to these shores. (UFC 38). I even then saved up and went over to Vegas for the first Ortiz and Liddell fight.

i had attended them mickey mouse "bushido" shows (remember the one where BJ Penn attended???) both in the point and the boxing stadium.

But for some unforseen reason Conor Mcgregor has escaped my wandering eye until just Friday. I truly never heard if him :eek:. I had a certain snobbery regarding the cagewarriors events that where held here. "full of scummers" i thought, "stacked with washed up crap fighters" i said. But because of out right douchery, a genuine irish prospect slipped under my radar.

after reading about Conor, ive gone on a youtubeathon of everything "Conor Mcgregor". I dont know about you lads, but he doesnt come across as a scumbag or gurrier to me. Ok, a tough ****er, he has a proper Dublin brogue. But why should that equate to being a gurrier?

i found him in interviews nothing but inspiring actually. He seems to have a fairly good view of whats going on, he's no mug, and i wouldnt take his working class accent as a sign of a lack of intelligence. in fact, i find it quite insulting that people would think that

i cant wait for his UFC debut now, it'll be a steak and beers in my house hold come April 6th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

ive classed myself as a fairly clued up MMA fan since the the UFC first came over to these shores. (UFC 38). I even then saved up and went over to Vegas for the first Ortiz and Liddell fight.

i had attended them mickey mouse "bushido" shows (remember the one where BJ Penn attended???) both in the point and the boxing stadium.

But for some unforseen reason Conor Mcgregor has escaped my wandering eye until just Friday. I truly never heard if him :eek:. I had a certain snobbery regarding the cagewarriors events that where held here. "full of scummers" i thought, "stacked with washed up crap fighters" i said. But because of out right douchery, a genuine irish prospect slipped under my radar.

after reading about Conor, ive gone on a youtubeathon of everything "Conor Mcgregor". I dont know about you lads, but he doesnt come across as a scumbag or gurrier to me. Ok, a tough ****er, he has a proper Dublin brogue. But why should that equate to being a gurrier?

i found him in interviews nothing but inspiring actually. He seems to have a fairly good view of whats going on, he's no mug, and i wouldnt take his working class accent as a sign of a lack of intelligence. in fact, i find it quite insulting that people would think that

i cant wait for his UFC debut now, it'll be a steak and beers in my house hold come April 6th

Well since you missed out on seeing Conor at local shows, I'd highly recommend you go along to local shows from now on. They're not full of "scummers" as you say. You'll be guaranteed to have a great night and you'll get to see some more of the fantastic talent and home-grown prospects at these shows.
    You won't be disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Well since you missed out on seeing Conor at local shows, I'd highly recommend you go along to local shows from now on. They're not full of "scummers" as you say. You'll be guaranteed to have a great night and you'll get to see some more of the fantastic talent and home-grown prospects at these shows.
    You won't be disappointed.

too true Guapo.

im living in Tallaght myself, and have seen posters around the place for different events that where in the basketball arena. Ill be honest. I hated the advertising campaign and style of these posters, it always seemed geared towards attracting, as i said, scummer. A real "two men enter, one man leaves" kind of scenario. I dont like seeing MMA marketed that way, as the sport is a lot more refined than that imo

As a matter of interest, where exactly is Conor from in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

too true Guapo.

im living in Tallaght myself, and have seen posters around the place for different events that where in the basketball arena. Ill be honest. I hated the advertising campaign and style of these posters, it always seemed geared towards attracting, as i said, scummer. A real "two men enter, one man leaves" kind of scenario. I dont like seeing MMA marketed that way, as the sport is a lot more refined than that imo

As a matter of interest, where exactly is Conor from in Dublin?

Think he's from Crumlin or near there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,601 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

IanMc666 wrote: »

Think he's from Crumlin or near there?
    Yeah pretty much. He mentioned Drimnagh on the MMA Hour iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭UncleChael

Mellor wrote: »
    Yeah pretty much. He mentioned Drimnagh on the MMA Hour iirc

Do you know where that is ozzy? Or do you want us to tell you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,642 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

UncleChael wrote: »

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

I'm guessing that refers to the esteem with which people from either area hold the other!

UncleChael wrote: »
    Why would I not know where it is. I'm from Dublin. ???

Ah, you think because I'm in australia that I must be australian. :rolleyes:
    Well I'm lucky, I have this magic book called a passport and it lets me visit other countries. Don't worry though, you can get you one when you grow up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭_oveless_

There was a small piece on McGregor in tonight's Herald, not in the sports pages but it's still a good piece.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭daddyorchips

I knew conor growing up he was nothing but a bully and a scumbag not a nice person at all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Theres off the rails and theres being a ****

I get an infranction for saying hes a tosser great

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭_oveless_

I get an infranction for saying hes a tosser great

Fighter bashing is not allowed, he's admitted he was no saint growing up, but all indications are that he's turned his life around so he's entitled to a second chance.

• Advertisement

Ah ****mit hes nothing but a nacker bastard and i hope he dies in the ring

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

:o

Bye

You hope he dies?
    I can see you're a fine moral example yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Perma banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ray Mond

I knew conor growing up he was nothing but a bully and a scumbag not a nice person at all
    Well that's an absolute load of bull **** , know him since he's 15 and he never bullied any1 in his life. He wouldnt let any1 be bullied either.
    He actually gave a speech in a local youth club for fighting against bullying a few weeks ago.
    Obviously this guy is a jealous hater...
    And a ****ing Loser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Lads this has been dealt with, no more reports on it as its already been given maximum punishment, Also lads *** might hide your bad language but we will act on it the same, get back to normal and stop entertaining the troll.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

cowzerp wrote: »
    Lads this has been dealt with, no more reports on it as its already been given maximum punishment, Also lads *** might hide your bad language but we will act on it the same, get back to normal and stop entertaining the troll.

Sorry bout that, I reported it as soon as I read it. Was too shocked to wait and go to the next page and see that he'd already been banned!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

another smashing interview on espn ufc podcast

a min or so in he roars ma get the dog down im on the phone to espn like

brilliant stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

but1er wrote: »
    another smashing interview on espn ufc podcast

a min or so in he roars ma get the dog down im on the phone to espn like

brilliant stuff

just came on here to post exactly this!!!

literally covered meself in tea laughing at it!!

hero!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

feelpablo wrote: »
    literally covered meself in tea laughing at it!!

No you didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

Here is the link folks, gas stuff !

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/199588.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cannot wait for this fight next Saturday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Great soundtrack to this, does anyone know what its called?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

Where can I watch Conor's fight? Is it on Facebook or ESPN?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Dave 101

Where can I watch Conor's fight? Is it on Facebook or ESPN?

Facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Dave 101 wrote: »
    Facebook

what time

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Advertisement