Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Don't be scared Ali" (Mc Clean)

• 03-09-2012 11:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭

So the big superstar wants to pad his record with easy opponents? I (Myles Price) have offered to fight him on Cage Contender (20th October) but he wont take it. The reasons behind this Im guessing are (take your choice),

(A) He just wants an easy comeback fight as he has been out since his TUF trials in MARCH 2012 (My last fight was was in August 2011 at Clan Wars)
    (B) Or he feels that he just isn't good enough to fight me.

Either choice it's a cop out and something that seems to be recent trend with some fighter's building big records up against people that don't warrant a real challenge or money's worth for paying fight fans.

Ali I had more respect for you than this and considering that you are still willing to fight on the card dont you think you should step up and take the challenge and stop trying to take easy opponents cos frankly its a real joke - Give the fans what they want and take the fight.

Magic Myles Price

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭mikey1

Magic M wrote: »
    Something that seems to be recent trend with some fighter's building big records up against people that don't warrant a real challenge or money's worth for paying fight fans.

I'd totally agree with this. I'v just been looking at both your records on Sherdog/the guys you have fought and I reckon you lads would make for a great fight and one that I'd personally pay to see.

"Magic" Myles Price vs Ali "Insane" McClean

Lets make it happen, take the fight Ali.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 DamoUp

Are you dropping back to lightweight Myles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Magic M

DamoUp wrote: »
    Are you dropping back to lightweight Myles?

Yeah sure am dude :-)

• Company Representative Posts: 42 Verified rep Cage Contender

Just to clarify, We offered this fight to Ali and his camp after Mark Palmer withdrew from his with with Myles due to injury.

In our opinion it is a pretty well matched bout with both fighters coming off a sizeable break from MMA Competition.

We would still very much like this fight to happen at CC15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

op is kinda like a scumbag on a night out cha wanna fight me bud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

op is kinda like a scumbag on a night out cha wanna fight me bud

Actually I think this is one of the politest call outs I have ever read. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Infraction given

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Actually I think this is one of the politest call outs I have ever read. :)

as call out goes its very polite but really? professional fighters calling each other out

it contributes to peoples low opinion of mma imo but i digress
    it would make a great fight

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Yourwellcum

as call out goes its very polite but really? professional fighters calling each other out

it would make a great fight

Boxers have done it for years, i dont really see the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭liverbear

It's a fight I would love to see happen. How about throwing in normy for a triple threat match now that would shift tickets John

• Advertisement

Boxers have done it for years, i dont really see the problem.

i just don't think its very professional

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

i just don't think its very professional

It's great for the fans though. Building up a bit of tension in the lead up to a fight is always good.
    I hate it when a fighter comes on here though and just slags off another fighter in the hopes of getting a match set up. I'd rather it's done along the lines of this thread.
    But ya can't beat a bit of smack talk every now and then. If even just to build a bit of excitement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

Beats having amateur fighters call each other out I suppose. :rolleyes:

No it doesn't.

If people have a low opinion of MMA it is because they are uninformed of what the sport is really all about, not because they heard some dude challenging someone to step up and fight.

Re-read the call-out and honestly tell me how it would cause someone to have a lower opinion of the sport.

Advertisement