Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this thing legit??

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

fryup wrote: »
    Is this device - Voltex legit has anyone here ever bought one?

In layman's terms how does it work?

https://getvoltex.com/article4/ie?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8bqh9KDz7wIVFa9xCh33KQZgEAEYASAAEgK5aPD_BwE

Why do you need to know how it works,
    If you are a layman you probably wont understand.

Its a money back after 30 day guarantee. Let us know if its good

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I really doubt it's legit since all the reviews are fake. Even down the bottom comments they havnt realized two of the review comments are using the same pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

From reading the website I’d run a mile. They insert currency and country depending on your location. So there is mention of €27 billion dollars! If it worked, then it would be public knowledge. People don’t become successful by hiding their inventions. Also, I’m not an Electrictian, but how can a plug in item stop excess electricity when the socket will be on a circuit with other sockets, and not the whole building. A little critical thinking applied, and it looks and sounds like a scam. But please do let us know how you get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,825 ✭✭✭CoBo55

fryup wrote: »

In layman's terms how does it work?

https://getvoltex.com/article4/ie?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8bqh9KDz7wIVFa9xCh33KQZgEAEYASAAEgK5aPD_BwE

Do you get a free tinfoil hat with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭Cordell

Save up to 90% they say. You will save precisely 0% which is up to 90% so that is technically true.

It is a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

27.6billion divided by 6 million people is 4600 EU per year per person including kids and old folks. Sounds far fetched.

Also, some customers here not happy...

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/voltexelectrical.com.au

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

colm_mcm wrote: »

"I really enjoyed that Maths even though it's as boring as s""t to everyone else" - great line

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭ted1

No.

I imagine it’s just trying to correct your power factor. Which works in high industrial users who gets charged MVAr, domestic users don’t pay MVAr charges

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Cordell wrote: »
    Save up to 90% they say. You will save precisely 0% which is up to 90% so that is technically true.

It is a scam.

If you don’t buy it then you actually save 100% of the cost price

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

"fools & money"

Like one of those fuel line magnets for cars..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

It is a scam.

Not even technically true, the LED uses power so potentially costing you a few cent each year (on top of the purchase price).

They take advantage over the fact that most people don't understand the difference "power factor" makes to the current consumed vs the real power consumed.

Disappointingly a Nenagh based company actually launched in 2009 to sell very similar looking devices (at €380 each!!!), thankfully they didn't last long. Perhaps the company founders were themselves scammed (at least one of them should have known better though).
    Certainly at that time just post crash many people were desperate and would have bought them, others may have bought them to support a local business too.

https://tipptatler.wordpress.com/tag/watt-a-saver/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

kadman wrote: »
    Why do you need to know how it works,
    If you are a layman you probably wont understand.

Its a money back after 30 day guarantee. Let us know if its good

Not really good advice!

If something walks like a duck, looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck.

This is most likely to be just a capacitor in a box, pointless, can't do what is claimed, a waste of plastic never mind money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

It is a scam.

If you're lucky enough to have a double socket as the nearest socket to your distribution board, you could use 2 of these devices and save 180% :0

• Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

fryup wrote:

I don't have any confidence in a company that uses the Euro sign but then calls them dollars. Claims of up to 90 percent off your energy bill are way over the top

Personally I'd give it a miss

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fly by nights

i suppose 6 months down the line they'll be up to something else

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Darando

Needs a sarcastic John Ward teardown.

Advertisement