Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Disney+ thread - See Mod Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

Cheeky question. I do have already Netflix and happy enogh with it. I am just interensting in watching "The Rescue" on Disney+. is there a free trail (that will allow me to have a look around and have a feeling for it, compare to Netflix) or do I have to pay for 1 month at least?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 8 ball pool

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Confused11811

I have just signed up to Disney + Turkey via the android app on an old mobile phone which already had an old google account that didn't have any google pay, google wallet or payment methods previously set up on it. There was no need for Bluestacks, I used a Revoult vitual card and Windsribe free VPN set to Turkey.

There was a strange quirk via the setup where even though the disney app showed the Turkish langauge when it came to the price setting is showed as 1,500 Czech Koruna for the subscription. However when I selected the yearly sub the google payment brought up the correct turkish rates of ₺349,90/year and charged me correct amount which worked out at just over 19 euro.

I initiall setup Windscribe and set it to Turkey. I then tried to set up the a Disney account via the app but the weird 1,500 Czech Koruna price glitch on the app put me off, so I switched to chrome on the same phone, this showed the correct Turkish price. I set up the account but it crapped out at payment when I directly entered Revoult details, I expected this to happen

I then cleared the cache and data on the Disney + app to see if that would solve the weird 1,500 Czech Koruna price glitch. I logged back into the app and the turkisk lanuage was present. The app asked if i wanted to continue setup. I continued on with the setup on the app but the weird 1,500 Czech Koruna price glitch still appeared, regardless at this stage I was confident the VPN was working and it was a glicth on the app. I selected the annaul subscription and google payment brought up the correct Turkish rate, I had no previous payment method entered so I setup the Revoult card then and there and it went through fine. I did not have to enter a Turish address.

I then logged onto the disney plus site on my PC and setup my profile and changed the default lanage to English.

Regarding the weird 1,500 Czech Koruna price display glitch and the fact I didn't have to enter a Turisk payment address I'm convinced this happened becase of the old phone I used. I was using an old Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) which runs an old android version 5.1.1. I suspect the Disney + app didn't like this version of android. The phone doesnt support google wallent and theres no NFC. Google subscriptions are only supported via play store and chrome.

This method should work for others, we've all got a couple of spare phones. I hope this helps and a big thanks to those who posted the bluestacks method which got me thinking. I suspect any phone with no google pay or google wallet installed would handle the subsription in the same way, with no need to enter a turkish address

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I used an old phone and surfshark along with a Turkish Google account. Signed up to year for 349trl, easy peasy.

Post edited by TheDriver on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭kindalen

Is it like Netflix, as in once set up you can watch without a VPN in English on TV app, or with a Firestick?

• Advertisement

It's a nice easy way to do it :-)

Did you have that weird 1,500 Czech Koruna price display glitch I had ? I'm pretty sure it was down to some sort of incompatibility with the app and the old version of Android I'd running on my old phone.

One other thing to be aware of , you might have to change the audio stream to English on the first run of Disney after you sign into it on a new device. Once set to English audio it keeps that setting. On my living room TV it played Turkish audio after I signed in but has been playing English by default since I changed the audio stream.

No, I used surfshark and it was totally easy. I already have that phone set up with a Google account for Turkish purchases and a rev card attached. Got TRL straight away.

I had Disney on monthly using the email. I was concerned I couldn't do the annual so with a few days to go, I cleared app data, then created a new account on Disney using the dot trick for Gmail and paid on Google play using the regular Turkish Google account. Then I cancelled my monthly sub.

I use this phone for f1, s sport plus and Disney sign up (anything that requires Google play)

That's a really good idea to have a phone set-up for this stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

I have a 12 month Disney+ for UK. Will give it to someone for €40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

You can set up a new PayPal account and use Revolut as the payment source.

works fine. Been using it now for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Tried the sign up this morning without success. Connected to the Turkish site, got through to entering my details but when I added my new virtual revolut card as payment it got refused.

It was mentioned about setting up a PayPal account, and linking the revolut card to that.

Better approach?

There's a procedure back a few pages. Basically set up a new google account with turkey as address, use an old phone with no other account and use a decent VPN (some won't show Turkish price). You then pay through google play as a subscription from the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ltd440

Anyone recommend a reasonably priced or better again free VPN , I'm hoping to have a go off Disney this weekend.

I signed up to Netflix many years ago using tips from the knowledgebase of boards many years ago and it remains one of my favourite bargain alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ltd440

Thanks for that,I'll give it a go this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

Really easy way to this courtesy of HUKD, you don't even need a VPN.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/share-deal-from-app/4022941

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Plus 1 - that was simple thanks

€18.15

Post edited by Citizenpain on

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can anyone help please? Resubbed to Disney+ and little one reached to watch frozen lego (she watched it on it before fine a few months ago) but now it just has a watchlist button, no play button. The other Lego shows work fine. Any idea what's going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Turkey Disney Plus seems to have increased from 349 Turkish lira per year to 649 Turkish lira per year, an increase of 85%.

I pay monthly and was charged 34.99 TRY on Dec 15th but its saying 649 for the year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

649? OMG!

It will soon match Eastern EU prices, more than likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭muloc

Do this impact you if you paid upfront for a year at 349 TRY?

No, not until renewal

I haven't received any emails from Disney about a price increase, perhaps the new rate is for new subscribers only.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭muloc

No email here either. Joined in Sept. so good for a while

Not a surprise tbh. Even at renewal, they might do an offer. Lira has fallen a bit so it eases the hike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

I have read the this on multiple sites but I guess we will only truly know at renewal (Jun23 for me)

Membership with monthly payment plan: 64.99 TL per month Membership

with annual payment plan: 649.90 TL per year

Disney Plus states that these prices are valid for users who will become members as of December 8, 2022; announced that members who signed up before this date will not have their bills changed unless they cancel or make changes to their current plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

I subscribed to turkish disney + successfully using old phone but now when I log in on my pc or own phone I get the app is in turkish language. any ideas

You need to change the language from Turkish to English in the settings.

Edit Profile-App Language

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Looking to join a Disney family plan if anyone has any spaces available?

Advertisement