Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where should this board go?

Options
  • 13-11-2003 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,268 ✭✭✭✭

Where should this board go? There are a lot of different types of cyclists - commuters, workers (post, couriers), recreational, tourers, extreme, amateur and professional. Potentially you have Sports, After Hours, indented on Commuting / Transport ....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

it's a sport more than anything else, only a small subset of cycling is related to commuting/transport and it's just plain logical ... if i were new here looking for a cycling forum, i'd go to sports ...probably :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

yep I agree - into sports!
    Dead pleased there's a cycling forum here :)
    Whereas forums like cyclingplus.co.uk are great they ain't irish! :p And forums like irishcycling.net ain't that active so fingers crossed we get the best of both here :)

Dizz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I reckon this could be a focal point for commuter pressure groups, racing talk, training advice, a liitle bit of gossip as well now that lance is spreading his wings :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 joemomma

only a small subset of cycling is related to commuting/transport

For me and most cyclists I encounter on a daily basis, commuting and transport are what it's all about. Cycling as a sport is quite a different issue (and one in which I personally have no interest) so maybe we need two boards?

On the other hand, I'm sure there are a lot of commuter cyclists are also interested in cycling as a sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I think 2 forums is bit much to ask for at the moment, just developing a community spirit between all cyclist regardless of persuasion will do for now. Most racers commute - and prob know an awful lot more about bikes nyway, mechanical, nutritional, position, etc, so teh commuters could gain from our presence.

If I may say so myself :$

• Advertisement
Advertisement