Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Myantennas.com EFHW 8010

Options
  • 29-07-2019 5:49am

https://myantennas.com/wp/product-category/antennas/efhw-multi-band/

This is really a great antenna and I like it a lot and what's particularly good for me for remote operation is the fact it's resonant on many bands without a tuner.

Uses a 49:1 UNUN unlike your typical end fed which uses a 9:1, this is seemingly what gives it the magic along with core ingredients , or so I've read.

No radials either I just have it earthed at the UNUN which is about 3 feet from the ground.

134 feet long so it's not resonant on 160 meters, the one for 160 Meters is 80 meters long, I can get it to work on 160 with an external tuner and I've made it to the South East of England once before Sunset, I only tried once but I must try a couple more contacts on 160 with this Antenna , it has exceeded my expectations.

Contacted Canada, U.S, Costa Rica, Brazil, Much of Europe, I don't get a lot of time but I can remote operate the radio from work when on Night shift when there's few People around but mostly I listen when at work.

Anyway, I also discovered the Antenna makes a terrific shortwave listening Antenna so for any Shortwave listeners this antenna is really good. Not so good on Longwave or Medium wave but it works, LW probably effected by the laptop PSU I need to power the laptop for remote operation, the laptop is the server for the Icom IC-7300.

Hyendcompany.nl also make similar antennas, I have their 100 Watt mini 4 band portable and it works great.

Comments

Tried the antenna out again a couple of nights ago and got 2 of the Boys on 1933 and they gave me good reports 59+ so the antenna is doing ok on 160 with tuner, it would be quarter wave for this band so I'm happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Tried the antenna out again a couple of nights ago and got 2 of the Boys on 1933 and they gave me good reports 59+ so the antenna is doing ok on 160 with tuner, it would be quarter wave for this band so I'm happy enough with that.

need to be brave to break into that 1933 net

orm0nd wrote: »
    need to be brave to break into that 1933 net

well I have to admit I was a bit nervous, I've been a SWL for a long time and know the shenanigans but the two chaps were dead sound. I might give them a shout again.

When I said Break Break I was expecting a " would you ever p1ss off reply haha" or " call us back when you get an Antenna" lol but they were grand.

When I said the EFHW isn;t very sensitive on LW, MW I actually think this is the IC-7300 more than the Antenna, I will hook it up to one of my SDRs to confirm.

Few weeks ago I got Chile, Forgot to update this thread I was happy to have a real QSO with a guy in Chile, CB70E, on 40 meters, special event station.

11,383 Kms , my furthest yet, not bad for the EFHW 8010 from my antennas.com and IC-7300 100 watts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement