Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

QRP Portable in Germany

• 10-07-2019 4:53pm

It Was a lovely day and I wanted to get away for a few hrs and decided to pack the bike and head to the hills.

Made contact with Denmark on 40 M. Italy and Belarus on 20 M.

Unfortunately conditions were not the best starting off but got better nearer the end. I had a ball though, just being up the hill looking down trying to make contacts and then just listening too. I was up there almost 5 hours !!! QRP portable can be a lot of fun but it can also be quite challenging especially when conditions are not so good and once you know this you won't be disappointed. I was running only 5 watts but I was getting out. Station in England and Scotland could hear me but unfortunately I was not strong enough for QSO.

I could not get the Antenna up as high as I had hoped but I made contacts and that's what it's all about, that and getting outside in the fine weather.

The battery didn't die in all that time, the little X5105 is a good little radio.

I really love this Hobby !!! :D

I will post Pics shortly.

Comments

Advertisement