Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New lease agreement

Options
  • 29-11-2014 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭

I have been renting my house for the last 9 years. Landlord has reduced the rent several times to fall in line with rent allowance over the years. However he now has increased the rent, still well below the market rate, which is fine.

However the SW have said he needs to provide a new lease agreement showing the rent increase even though they didn't need one when it decreased! Anyway is there one he can download and use without having to go through an agent? Just want to offer him a solution when I tell him!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Irishlandlord.com has a template that is legally compliant. I think he has to pay around €40 for it, but it should be tax deductible and he would have the comfort that it complies with legislation.

Advertisement