Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On the streets in 3 weeks Help!!

Options
  • 14-11-2010 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Okay i am trying to get on the dole should be on by 16th of next month i been living in a rented property with my boyfriend and we lived on his wages easily enough for the 2 of us but now he lost his job as many other people will do and have done but I don't know what i can claim or he can so we are not on the street's please some one help!!
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Well the first thing I would do is get onto your landlord and explain the situation to them. Explain that you are both suddenly unemployed and ask them can they work something out for the next months rent while you get yourselves sorted out.

Next thing to do is get down to the social welfare office ASAP and find out what you are entitled to claim for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Are you still living in the same place from when you posted last month? Then you were renting a room with the landlord living in the house. What type of lease do you have with them?

You need to speak with the LL regarding your next rent payment if you'll be unable to cover it and also check if they will accept rent allowance then first thing tomorrow get down to the SWO and speak with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You also need to go to the Community Welfare Officer if you want to claim rent allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Victor wrote: »
    You also need to go to the Community Welfare Officer if you want to claim rent allowance.

I think they have emergency funds available in the case were you have applied for the dole, but its hasn't came through yet. A short term payment for essentials like rent or food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

defo head to your community welfare officer, they give you the full dole while youre waiting for youre claim to go through. (also i'm 6 months waiting for mine, i wouldnt believe them fully when they tell you youll be sorted in a month!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭gossipgal08

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/

Find your local office and talk to them. They will tell you everything you are entitle to

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭NinjaNikki

Went to the citzen information today and im going to claim under my boyfriend or something got so much to fill in and have to go in town and see someone and try get money before hand to pay rent next tuesday :P hope we get it all now!

Advertisement