Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Wanted] 2 bedroom Appartment in Dublin City Centre for 100Euros each per week

• 16-01-2003 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi,
    me and my friend want to move into a 2 bedroom apparment in Dublin city centre. We will pay 100 Euros each per week.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

LOL :D

good luck finding that kinda price in city centre, as you my friend, will need it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

indeed the best of luck! How much is a 1 double bedroom apt in city center going for about these days 900-1100 yoyos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I paid about that when I lived in Stoneybatter (even allowing for inflation etc) with a mate. We had a two floor house with 2 bedrooms (small) and kitchen with washing machine and a living room.

I'd say it is possible to find but tricky yes. More difficult is finding a one bed for 100 per week, thats very difficult unless you want a bedsit with a toilet outside type thing.

Oh and you may need to refine your wording. Using the word "apartment" won't get you far for 100€ but if you think in terms of "flat" or "sharing" you will get closer to what you want. Evening heralds prices for apartments are very high but "flats" are lower. You would be looking for a flat I'd say. I could be wrong, Victor usually proves me wrong or at least tries to :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,493 ✭✭✭✭Victor

First off, most lettings are on a monthly basis in Dublin. €100/week/person = €866/month total. You are very unlikely to get anything near the city centre for that price. I am currently paying €890 (year old rent) for the same accommodation, more than 2.5 miles from the city centre for a apartment in need of work. Than again it is only 15 minutes into the city centre by bus.

And as Gordon suggests, "apartment" has nicer conotations than "flat".
    Originally posted by Gordon
    I could be wrong, Victor usually proves me wrong or at least tries to :p
    Only with errant geography ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I'm living in a 2 bed apartment in Killester, and it's costing me and a mate €600 each per month.
    There is no chance you'll get an apartment in town for €100 per week. Unless, it's a vicious kip!!
    Good luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Hmm.

I heard random rumours about places going in the IFSC for €900, but that was probably just pants.

I know of one place that will be available soon, with central heating, skylights, two bedrooms, doubleglazing, a microwave, cable, fully detached bungalo, in what used to be the back garden of a Victorian four story house in the City Centre.

In fact, I lived there for twenty two years with my mother and all I can say is, if it gets let for less then €2000 per month, the people doing so are doing well.

Did I mention it has a City Centre parking space (Dublin 1) that can be used for as long as the apartment is let?

I'm starting to think €2,200 is a bit more the ballpark.

In short: Good luck finding a cardboard box for €100 per week in the City Centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Calman

I'm looking for an apt/flat with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, but I'll take two if it's going, and a sitting room and kitchen.
    Thanx for the replies by the way,
    Calman

"What's the difference between and apt. and a flat?"

An apartment is usually built as an apartment. A flat is usually converted from some other use.

However "apartment" is also a snobbier word than "flat". In spoken language, flat is more casual than apartment.

Council developments tend to get referred to as flats. New private developments tend to get referred to as apartment.

There is no defined or legal difference.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Calman-

Are you looking for an apartment on your own (with your friend), or willing to share with others for 800 per month?

As MBroaders suggests, have a look at www.daft.ie it'll give you a better idea of what you can expect, where you can expect it, and at what price.

You will not rent a 2 bedroom apartment on a week by week basis for 800 Euro per month, hmmm I would guess anywhere in the country. Most landlords insist on a monthly rent, paid a month in advance, with a months deposit. You may have to give 6-8 weeks notice of leaving (or you loose your deposit).

Be realistic.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by smccarrick
    You may have to give 6-8 weeks notice of leaving (or you loose your deposit).
    The usual is the period of letting (= payment period) unless stated otherwise in your lease. There is a statutory requirement for landlords to give 4 weeks notice (not 1 month). It is usually best to advise the landlord when you pay your rent for the last time. But yes, if you advise the landlord during the month it can mean 4-9 weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement