Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer Travel Scheme Excludes Luas

Options
  • 07-03-2019 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭

My employer have a tax saver scheme in place however Luas is excluded. I had a quick look at the policy today and it covers CIE + private bus operators but excludes Luas under a 2012 Act.

It's a multinational so a lot of bureaucracy to get an answer!

Strange one as I can't see any benefit to an employer excluding them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Luas is available as a tax saver ticket. Why is your company not including it? Are ye near a luas stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Luas is available as a tax saver ticket. Why is your company not including it? Are ye near a las stop?

Yeah, the policy makes no reference to Luas and other employees said Luas is not covered. I will look at the policy again in more detail and post exact details.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

This basically means they will deal with taxsaver.ie only - run by Irish Rail but sells all CIE tickets - so the only way to get a Luas ticket is paired with rail or bus for 17/1800 or both for 2050

This is a fairly significant increase from the 1210 that Luas only costs. All are pretax prices so cost from half to ~75% depending on your tax rates

Extra admin effort to deal with Luas directly etc etc. All fares will be equalised at probably ~1500 for an all modes ticket in a few years but sod all use now.

Edit: doing private bus firms and not Luas suggests they had issues with Luas and gave up to me. Didn't notice that bit originally

Advertisement