Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching family mid 1800s

Options
  • 17-04-2018 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I’m looking for records of James McConnon, married to Margaret Hanlon/Honlon, had a son Owen born 1874 possibly Monaghan. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,115 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Owen's birth is under Carrickmacross.
    You can search for it on https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GoldieHawk

Thanks, I have that but can’t seem to find any info on who James’s parents may have been.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

The 1874 birth's father's name looks more like Owen than James.

You may need to manage your expectations. The father on this birth is a labourer, which probably means he was unskilled and didn't have any land himself. You just need to work through all the possible records for them. Find other kids, see what his occupation was on that.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

eldest child I found born to the couple in civil records a Margaret McConnon 14th April 1864, so Owen and Margaret would probably have married before the start of civil records.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gkrv

Roots Ireland have a transcription of Church Marriage Record in 1858 from Parish/District Donaghmoyne of Owen McConnon and Margaret Hanlon. Address for both is Donaghmoyne. Notes state no exact marriage date given.

• Advertisement
Advertisement