Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evelyn Cusack says cheerio to the small screen for new top job

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,156 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Ole windy knickers will have to practice her winking so..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Do many rely now on the weather forecasts on the TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Awaaf

This was a cert for several months now since the worms in my back garden have been giving two nods to the south followed by one to the north each morning. #neverignorethewildlife ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

In fairness to Evelyn, she was deputy head of forecasting, and after Gerald Fleming's retirement, she was very much in pole position for the top job. Good on her though. Well deserved!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Excellent forecaster best ever tbh
    Will miss her warm smile and cheery manner....

We grew up with you Evelyn
    Hopefully might still do the odd forecast

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Hopefully they will give her one last forecast to say her goodbyes. A great forecaster who was passionate about the weather and tried to educate the masses. The trend is for more of these extreme weather events so i'm sure we will see her on the tv sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Hopefully they will give her one last forecast to say her goodbyes. A great forecaster who was passionate about the weather and tried to educate the masses. The trend is for more of these extreme weather events so i'm sure we will see her on the tv sooner rather than later.
    completely agree on all your points but especially on the one about her having a final forecast. I loved John Eagletons TV forecasts but don't recall a publicised final forecast but knowing John, that's the way he would have wanted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

some of the new batch of forecasters need some training on voice projection and breathing while speaking , a lot of them get choked up or become high pitched as they're doing the forecast .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,250 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

The only presenter/forecaster I enjoyed watching (never really catched Gerald doing it), the rest are almost annoying especially your man on TV3

Advertisement