Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus 2015 Titanium Ecoboost

Options
  • 18-09-2020 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy a petrol car, will not consider diesel, and have been looking at the Ford Focus 2015 model. Looks good and always loved how the Fords drive.

I'd be specifically looking at the 125 bhp, Titanium version. Looking at donedeal, doesn't seem to be much choice. I've been calculating that I could bring one in from the UK for about 9k all in.

I'm looking for good reliability and cheap running costs. With the lock down, my hours in the office will be reduced in the future as I'll be working from home more. I won't be doing the mileage that I was before and just don't fancy diesel anyway.

I'd appreciate thoughts and opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you’re looking for reliability then get a car with a normally aspirated engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭mk7r

I'm looking to buy a petrol car, will not consider diesel, and have been looking at the Ford Focus 2015 model. Looks good and always loved how the Fords drive.

I'd be specifically looking at the 125 bhp, Titanium version. Looking at donedeal, doesn't seem to be much choice. I've been calculating that I could bring one in from the UK for about 9k all in.

I'm looking for good reliability and cheap running costs. With the lock down, my hours in the office will be reduced in the future as I'll be working from home more. I won't be doing the mileage that I was before and just don't fancy diesel anyway.

I'd appreciate thoughts and opinions.

The earlier petrol models did suffer a few issues, get a titanium X if you can they are much nicer. I think you are being optimistic budget wise to be honest on the import

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭TheGreatUnkown

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If you’re looking for reliability then get a car with a normally aspirated engine.

I understand naturally aspirated has less to go wrong, but almost all manufacturers are going with downsizing. Ford is one of these manufacturers.

If I go higher than 9k, pretty much into the newer shape Ford Fiesta territory. That has the same 125 bhp engine. Would this be better value?

That’s the trend alright, but it’s not driven by reliability.

If you want better reliability you still have options.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭TheGreatUnkown

What cars would you recommend?

• Advertisement

Kia Ceed/Hyundai i30 1.6/1.4
    Toyota Auris 1.33/1.6 or 1.8 hybrid
    Lexus CT200h
    Mazda3 2.0 Skyactiv G

IMO modern Fords are nothing special to drive compared to rivals.

Advertisement