Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bad respray dispute with garage

• 18-09-2020 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Looking for some advice please. My car has just come back from a full respray and colour change. The respray job is poor, deep scratching in the clear coat, burn throughs on passenger side wheel arch. Sags and drips all over. I have had a few people in the trade looked over it and they all agreed that it needs a respray. I paid €4000 for the initial job (the car is fiberglass). The garage have stated that they will respray the car but I will have to wait many months as they are so busy. As a gesture of good will they are prepared to offer me €1750 to spend on the car. I went to another garage and they quoted €3k and gave me a quote itemising the work required i.e a respray. The garage that undertook the initial respray is refusing to accept that the car requires a full respray and is stating that several wings could be blown in and the car re clear coated (I don’t know how you remove clear coat and relaquer without burning through and effecting the base coat. What do you think I should do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Solicitor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Small claims court has a limit of €2k , if memory serves me right.

You'll just have to engage a solicitor and take a civil action though the district court.

Not much more you can do, if they won't play ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭brucky

The clear coat is very deeply scratched, it won’t buff out. The garage is stating that it only needs a new coat of clear. How do you put a new coat of lacquer on the car without removing the initial clear coat? Or won’t the scratches just show through. Aren’t the clear coat and based coat inextricably linked once on the car, ie you run the real risk of burning through to the base coat in the attempt to remove the clear coat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭mk7r

The main issue you will have is if it was that bad the first time any repairs will be done fast and cheaply as it's costing them. Full refund or nothing imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The fact that they won’t rectify it for months speaks volumes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Park outside their shop and show your car to every customer going in.

Advertisement