Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part for outside light

Options
  • 16-09-2020 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I thought the bulb had gone in my outside light but when I replaced it, there was still no joy. Had a closer look and the connections to the unit in the photo look a bit brown. I am presuming this has burnt out?

I tried googling the writing on the unit but only turned up the manufacturer - LGDD, a Chinese company.

Is this piece something I can buy separately or will I have to replace the whole outside light unit?

Thanks in advance

BKNtDYpbq-7UruewRQOkIL9rttMzGLfPzP4f6bT_LJCH4NGJ9Meys_sx0nfrt0Dxz-sp4--FUwWfCuEw5RVjNVv3nHA6TXx0ANECDyCzgBnFaMaVIRwKlF4NKT4wOPLUsAOMHtEilJFE6wMWaxx1Pwltmp66Y8pNJg_xWyKyZvvlBlvziHjQqD-DP6xsTQoBv9IQ7IsX-RVAscwROgTRdvHt264AsM9Cb1LtRE3jkxy5Vp626VDkA_eA0TUQsRrXvgZIVBf_fkrjUXIMYJHhqLKtwpjBU57i-2lLQokLkfmItYAHVeLG-Kd8gJOz_VfbpmjOB7D5KQydEwy5bdsJrQ7qtTjCDFYlRJQMLJ1jYs9Ijl8khP08WENCrNH0zoAIWAH1Zq1SdE6ush3WhTQ1OiMX2EkA_9DvZlLzu6QTTNAmvYHxfKyn9Mr6UcMtuJb-1X8eWsU2jMa-qcN9tBd7TOFdqXmvIE5jkbzk8woZEObLQHCsNLdoZd4WTYg6JJPKilNG43QhdhdJA_PEYGrsEIXFX2WFejlB9ZOY3SRxkfF5FE8eN44d26dDAbybgPBAM2ZD_nXurpwLJlSJfAgC3hWDGKw9lFEj1YYU5cDB8ckzdLGtjW3zuWJD7LSy0olOUaUyBQIRdSZeCUJRbBYudpeSdbiZpx8L7jNHU4L28i98ooLGny2hE-U3UTZfHA=w1186-h889-no?authuser=0

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

It looks like a choke. Unlikely you would be able to replace it.

Personally I would replace the entire light fitting with a modern LED type. The unit you have is quite dated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Cheers, I may as well just replace it then. The output from it was always brutal.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Advertisement