Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT retest

Options
  • 09-09-2020 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello,

I did my NCT back in late February when the lifts were broken. I failed on an issue with my lights and paid the retest etc., passing the first part of the test but being assured that the lift inspection would be free to take once the lifts were fixed. Before the lifts were fixed, coronavirus kicked in and the test centre closed.

I’ve had my lift inspection today and failed. I’ve no issue getting retested but they have said I need to pay the retest.

I remember seeing in one of their updates on the nct website (has been removed as covid updates were more frequent) that as I paid for the retest on the first part of the test that should the car fail on the lift inspection, there would be no payment required as if I had done the full test in the first place, they would have picked up both faults and I only would have had to pay one retest fee.

Just wondering if anyone knew anything about it? I’ve emailed NCT themselves but would like to know if anyone has been in the same situation or know anything about it?

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement