Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

For sale, wanted and swaps (post here only or your thread will be deleted)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

ep71 wrote: »
    heres a minter of a diesel 132

DSC01534.jpg

A sobering lesson there...
    Live the Hi-Life, end up burried before your time! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭trevorbrady

I have a friend looking for an interesting pre '80 car for under a grand. He's not looking for a resto project so a runner (or **almost** a runner) would be ideal, he'd be up for a small job or two to get it going.

Anyway, he has a shortlist of a mk1 golf, Citroen CX, Alfa Romeo Sprint or Saab 900 so he's fairly open minded.

Anyone got any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

He'll probably get a scimitar for that from the UK they're well undervalued.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭124 man

Is there any 131 diesel left in the country ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

There was a LHD one on done deal lately, I doubt you'll find an original Irish one though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

heres two, neither diesel I'm afraid.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1019547

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1007617

The ex Presient Hillary one looks like a good deal,depends on condition of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

hi5 wrote: »
    The ex Presient Hillary one looks like a good deal,depends on condition of course.
    Thats been for sale for along time,surely someone would take it because of its history?It it a rotter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 dillontobin

im looking for a vw beetle for resto

im looking for an engeing for this it has tree vellocet engeings one is missing HPIM0930.jpg

Its your lucky day!:)
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/1081854

vw beetle 1200 1973 original Irish south Co. tipperary reg. Needs complete restoration. purchased new in O' Connors vw garage in Tipp and serviced with them every 3k. mls up to 27k. service book available. Present mileage 38k. believed genuine. Four new wings and two repair panels are included all of which have surface rust due to abandoned project of five years. Needs extensive welding to lower bodywork sills, door pillars etc. Non runner due to storage but engine turning freely and all complete. Front brakes seized. Keys lost. Tax book will be available. Located Killaloe Co. Clare.
    Full?id=2197333

Full?id=2197334

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Its your lucky day!:)
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/1081854

vw beetle 1200 1973 original Irish south Co. tipperary reg. Needs complete restoration. purchased new in O' Connors vw garage in Tipp and serviced with them every 3k. mls up to 27k. service book available. Present mileage 38k. believed genuine. Four new wings and two repair panels are included all of which have surface rust due to abandoned project of five years. Needs extensive welding to lower bodywork sills, door pillars etc. Non runner due to storage but engine turning freely and all complete. Front brakes seized. Keys lost. Tax book will be available. Located Killaloe Co. Clare.
    Full?id=2197333

Full?id=2197334
    Nice reg.

Long-term project I preseme :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hi5
    "The ex Presient Hillary one looks like a good deal,depends on condition of course".

Thats been for sale for along time,surely someone would take it because of its history?It it a rotter?

Its not in the classic section,I only saw it because I was searching for automatics less than €2000.

'Product placement' and all that;)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Borgman100

Hi all,

After a year of deliberating I have decided to sell my 1968 Porsche 912.

I bought the car 10 years ago and imported it from Los Angeles, California. it is Left Hand Drive.

It is an original example and is a daily driver. The overall condition is good, but by no means a show winner. The car war last resprayed 5 years ago, the second respray since I have owned it. There is no surface rust, just a few little scratches and marks, but nothing to detract from the overall appearance. The body work is straight and solid. The chassis underneath is also solid. The interior is original and complete and in tidy condition, but again not perfect.

To be honest the car needs some general TLC (Time more than money) to bring it up a standard, and unfortunately I don't have the time.

The engine is the original 1600cc flat 4 aircooled engine with twin carbs, and 4 speed gearbox. The car is registered in Ireland, costs about 160 euro a year to insure with AXA (fully comp) and 48 euro a year vintage road tax.

For those looking for their first classic Porsche to own it is a perfect car for ease of maintenance and cheap running costs.

I am sensible on price as I need to sell, therefore I am looking for offers around 12k. With TLC and some minor restoration these cars in mint condition are fetching upwards of 18-20k so I think I am being reasonable as it reflects the condition.

I live in Dublin city centre, where the car is available for viewing. Please PM me if you have any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭johnf2020

If that was on ebay the ad would finish with,,,,no tax or Mot so will need trailering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

i need a run about as my wreak shall be getting garaged for routine polish and tlc, and its a bnit pricey to run

need a new banger, cheap, nct/tax'ed... cheap to run...

cheap enough, anything concidered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

im looking for an engeing for this it has tree vellocet engeings one is missing HPIM0930.jpg

Dillontobin

can you describe the engine you are looking for?

if it is Velocette then it is an old motorbike engine.

One type would be very expensive, or impossible to get ant the other, water cooled i think ,could be found.

Rugbyman

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭124 man

No , just have a thing for fiats !

rugbyman wrote: »
    Dillontobin

can you describe the engine you are looking for?

if it is Velocette then it is an old motorbike engine.

One type would be very expensive, or impossible to get ant the other, water cooled i think ,could be found.

Rugbyman

they are all air cooled from the 1960s velocet scooter 495cc the hover craft its self is a 1969 hover hawk ha5

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

Hello!

I have a favour to ask.

I need a car from the mid-late 1980's for a film project. It needs to be roadworthy, the kind of thing an average Irish family would have owned in 1987!

We would need it for a few hours on 5th January 2010; for which we can offer a small fee. It's easy money for anyone who has this type of car.

We are filming in the Dublin area, in a housing estate.

Thanks all.

Please PM me with any replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ep71

looking for a volvo 940, bmw 520i or some other big barge for drifting/racing condition unimportant but must be driving and cheap.
    pm any info, not looking for a good car so something rusty or wrecked would suit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭onlyfinewine

Have a Volvo 740 estate manual with the 2.3 Engine??

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ep71

Have a Volvo 740 estate manual with the 2.3 Engine??
    where/ how much? pm contact details

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

I,m looking for a Skoda early 80,s 120 or 110. if you know of any in reasonable condition, let me know. thanks

kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

kadman wrote: »
    I,m looking for a Skoda early 80,s 120 or 110. if you know of any in reasonable condition, let me know. thanks

kadman

I had a 1989 136 Rapid at one stage... Great car to drive... Poor man's Porsche as they're called in the UK
    :D

2cv wrote: »
    I had a 1989 136 Rapid at one stage... Great car to drive... Poor man's Porsche as they're called in the UK
    :D

I drove plenty of them here too. Most comfortable car I ever drove. hard to get a good engine , unless it was well looked after. I used to put datsun cherry engine into it, with out too much bother:D

kadman

kadman wrote: »
    I used to put datsun cherry engine into it, with out too much bother:D
    Really?using the skoda clutch?

Really?using the skoda clutch?

Using the skoda clutch and flywheel. I got the centre boss of the datsun flywheel welded into the centre of a skoda flywheel. never failed.:D Skoda starter, built for a tank:D

Tax office was not too happy about reducing the tax on the skoda from a 12hp to an 8 hp.:D:D

kadman

Interesting stuff that!

Interesting stuff that!

25 years or there abouts, it was pioneering:D:D:D

Missed alovely skoda a while back,

http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.sh/pubweb/publicSite.r?sContinent=EUR&screen=lotdetailsNoFlash&iSaleItemNo=4451024&iSaleNo=17263&iSaleSectionNo=3#

kadman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

Advertisement