Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace Kitchen Sink

Options
  • 18-09-2020 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Might be over thinking this one but is there anything i need to be aware of when looking to replace a kitchen sink.

Currently there is one of those old stainless steel ones with a basin and drainer and a two taps (mixer?) for hot and cold with one nozzle.
    When i look underneath there are 2 old "flexible" pipes going straight up , one to each tap.

- Id like to get something more modern but i guess im limited by size and the drainer is above drawers so the basin size would need to be same.
    - Taps would need to the same size as the current pipe pipe width ?

Can i buy any type of sink (same size) and taps online and a plumber will be able to "make" it work? or are there other things to consider here ?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

Might be over thinking this one but is there anything i need to be aware of when looking to replace a kitchen sink.

Currently there is one of those old stainless steel ones with a basin and drainer and a two taps (mixer?) for hot and cold with one nozzle.
    When i look underneath there are 2 old "flexible" pipes going straight up , one to each tap.

- Id like to get something more modern but i guess im limited by size and the drainer is above drawers so the basin size would need to be same.
    - Taps would need to the same size as the current pipe pipe width ?

Can i buy any type of sink (same size) and taps online and a plumber will be able to "make" it work? or are there other things to consider here ?

Cheers

I'm facing the same problem, and I've the same setup with the tap and pipes.
    Did you end up buying and replacing ? At the moment, I've a tap that only needs one hole, but it seems I need to replace the sink, otherwise, it will not work.

If you did end up getting a new sink, did you did yourself ? If not, was it expensive getting a plumber to fit sink and tap ?

Advertisement