Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spot lights problem

Options
  • 17-09-2020 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

I have 10 downlights in my kitchen. (i call them spots but they're flush to the ceiling)

Today they went out randomly. I turned them off and back on but within a few seconds they all went off again, and this happened every time I tried them.

I left them off for 10 mins and when i turned them on they stayed on maybe 30 seconds before going out.

They're not tripping a switch. Would it be a needle in a haystack for an electrician to fix? Would i be right to guess the problem is likely with just 1 of them?

I only got them fitted when i got the place rewired 18 months ago. The roof is flat (kingspan and metal) but no sign of problems.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Restrooms

antix80 wrote: »
    I have 10 downlights in my kitchen. (i call them spots but they're flush to the ceiling)

Today they went out randomly. I turned them off and back on but within a few seconds they all went off again, and this happened every time I tried them.

I left them off for 10 mins and when i turned them on they stayed on maybe 30 seconds before going out.

They're not tripping a switch. Would it be a needle in a haystack for an electrician to fix? Would i be right to guess the problem is likely with just 1 of them?

I only got them fitted when i got the place rewired 18 months ago. The roof is flat (kingspan and metal) but no sign of problems.

No it'll be straightforward once all the joints are accessible like they should be

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

start nearest one to switch check connections

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭adrian92

Loose connection at switch or at first light ?

Advertisement