Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bailey Point, Salthill - flooding?

Options
  • 07-09-2020 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I am thinking of renting an apartment in Bailey Point from a friend of a friend but am worried about flooding. I have a car and would be parking in that car park at the rear.

People familiar with the area, would that carpark at the rear flood when the bad floods happen? I have a fairly expensive car so don't want to deal with that risk if I can avoid it. I know opposite the building floods but am unsure about the rear and my car insurance company cannot really tell me anything.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭ratracer

james_b89 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am thinking of renting an apartment in Bailey Point from a friend of a friend but am worried about flooding. I have a car and would be parking in that car park at the rear.

People familiar with the area, would that carpark at the rear flood when the bad floods happen? I have a fairly expensive car so don't want to deal with that risk if I can avoid it. I know opposite the building floods but am unsure about the rear and my car insurance company cannot really tell me anything.

Thanks

I remember the lower underground car park flooding once, but with the cinema operating at those levels now, I imagine a solution has been put in place. The surface car park to the rear is well above road level, I don’t ever recall that flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EachSmallChime

Living here for over 2 years and water has never made it as far as the road let alone the car park.

Ratracer is right, the car park on the prom is significantly lower down and floods regularly but the bailey point car park is much higher.

Also, only the surface level of the bailey car park is open so the water would need to flood the 3 underground floors before any worries about the top.

The only concern we have had is getting out of the car park for work after a particularly bad storm.

Advertisement