Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a Demand Deposit Account have an ATM card?

Options
  • 18-09-2020 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is there an option to get an ATM card with a BOI Demand Deposit Account?

I'm specifically saying ATM card as I'm aware that it doesn't have a debit card.

I don't need to make purchases or anything with the card, I just want to be able to withdraw cash without having to go in branch.

If such a card is available can be it be used with the self service machines that allow lodgements etc?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi Champ, thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie. 

We would no longer provide ATM cards for Demand Deposit Accounts. 

If you also have a BOI Current Account you’d be able to access the funds in your Demand Deposit Account instantly by transferring from this account to your Current Account by logging in to 365 Online. 

Alternatively, you should be able to withdraw from this account by calling into your local branch with photo ID and an advisor would be happy to help. 

I’ve provided a link below to our online branch locator if you need to locate your local branch that also has a cashier facility, I hope it helps. 

https://www.bankofireland.com/branch-locator/ 

I hope that this information helps. If there’s anything else that we can help you with please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with us here. 

Thanks, Eve 

Advertisement