Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Right Stuff (1983)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Epic movie. The IFI showed it in the past few years some time, and it's a great movie for the big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,139 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

No you aren't overplaying it, its a great film. Fantastic cast too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Fantastic film. I also recommend the book on which it is based.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Just saw it recently. Love it. Beautiful piece of work. A shame it was a commercial flop.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

saw it years ago ... loved it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The story of the F-104 also inspired this solo concept album in the seventies by one of the lead singers and poets with the group Hawkwind. The album was called Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters by Robert Calvert and features most of Hawkwind as the backing musicians. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Great movie. Fantastic cast. Book was also great but I found it a difficult read as it was like a 600 page newspaper article. Haven't seen the movie in years so I assume the flying sequences may be a bit dated but it was really more about the men/families than the flying.

Recommend From The Earth To The Moon for those looking for more.

Advertisement