Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin bikes demand!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭millb

Dublinbikes are 35eur p.a. now. I'm only using them a max of 2 times per month (with the C-19 thing) just wondering why they didn't drop the price or maybe allow use of a Leap Card (pay as you use) - the 3 consecutive day thing is not great for an occasional 1 to 3 day per month user.

The pricing model is fairly limited..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,904 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I remember at one point the system was under a lot of pressure. Very difficult to find a bike/free spot at peak times. Guessing they deliberately priced it to make it less attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭SteM

millb wrote: »
    Dublinbikes are 35eur p.a. now. I'm only using them a max of 2 times per month (with the C-19 thing) just wondering why they didn't drop the price or maybe allow use of a Leap Card (pay as you use) - the 3 consecutive day thing is not great for an occasional 1 to 3 day per month user.

The pricing model is fairly limited..

Mine was due for renewal at the start of February but I cancelled because I'm never in town anymore. I used to use them twice a weekday up until I started working from home.

I didn't realize it had gone up to €35pa. I seem it recall that it was €20pa only a year or 2 ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

loyatemu wrote: »
    worth signing up to Bleeper if you haven't already. The bikes aren't amazing and the unlocking mechanism can be temperamental, but could get you out of a jam if you can't find a DB, and they cover a larger area too.

The bikes aren't amazing is an understatement. Riding them is like cycling uphill all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Gave them up a few years ago as well as I just use my own bike to cycle to work and for shopping etc.
    I do occasionally lament that I'd love to be able to pay 50c for 1/2 an hour if going to the pub etc - nothing worse than spending 20 minutes walking somewhere that a Dublin bike would have you there in 5 minutes.
    The bikes are crap but they aren't intended for doing the Rás on either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I wonder will they change over to ev bikes or even start off scooter rental when laws change.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,782 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I wonder will they change over to ev bikes or even start off scooter rental when laws change.

they've launched eBikes just recently, but they're a weird system where you have to carry your own battery.

https://www.thejournal.ie/half-of-dublin-hybrid-e-bikes-5365776-Feb2021/

Dublin Bus are planning to launch an eScooter scheme as soon as they're made legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

loyatemu wrote: »
    they've launched eBikes just recently, but they're a weird system where you have to carry your own battery.

https://www.thejournal.ie/half-of-dublin-hybrid-e-bikes-5365776-Feb2021/

Dublin Bus are planning to launch an eScooter scheme as soon as they're made legal.

Yes aware of db, didn't see the other part about bringing own battery,. I'll have a look at link.

Advertisement