Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR SPORTS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

You mean you just singed up to Eir Sport via your Sky dish?

Then you don't get access to the Eir Sport app afaik.

Ah boo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

If you have Eir for your broadband and Sky for TV, see here: https://www.eir.ie/support/eir-sport/eir-sport-for-sky-customers/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

You mean you just singed up to Eir Sport via your Sky dish?

Then you don't get access to the Eir Sport app afaik.

Only eir broadband customers get the app (and eir mobile customers who get a different app that doesn’t allow casting).

As a sort of substitute, satellite customers can access www.setantago.com on a laptop which allows steaming of the eir and BT channels (not Box Nation). That won’t work on most mobile phones or tablets though.

icdg wrote: »
    Only eir broadband customers get the app (and eir mobile customers who get a different app that doesn’t allow casting).

As a sort of substitute, satellite customers can access www.setantago.com on a laptop which allows steaming of the eir and BT channels (not Box Nation). That won’t work on most mobile phones or tablets though.

Very disjointed approach to the apps from Eir..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

dulpit wrote: »
    Very disjointed approach to the apps from Eir..

They won't say but I think it has to do with Virgin Media and the ongoing debacle there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Na, it’s just that Setanta had the setantago.com website already developed before they sold the channels to Eir and the latter have never bothered to shut it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭geriatric

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I never call them I just email, I'd say I have their hearts broke I'm constantly closing and reaccepting offers

I've tried the 0818203040 no. and got a message to say call centre is now closed, try Setanta.com instead. What's the email address please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,279 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Worse comes to worse, you can cancel the direct debit through your bank and ask for the last 2 months back in cash, no questions asked. (SEPA rules)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

irishfeen wrote: »
    They definitely did a Black Friday offer last year because I signed up with them - €149/ 12 months.

I got that deal aswell. I’d renew again this November if it’s something similiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I never call them I just email, I'd say I have their hearts broke I'm constantly closing and reaccepting offers

So if you don't have Eir broadband you can still get it via the app on your phone and cast it?

What's the email address?

• Advertisement

Sorry for sounding like an idiot.

I'm going to prevail of this offer on the 31st of July. When should I cancel how I'm not charged full price after 3 months? If I'm right it can be early as the 2nd of September because of the 30 day notice? so they'll take my last payment around the 30th of September and I'll still get access for the whole of October?

Sorry for making it confusing :D

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

Sorry for sounding like an idiot.

I'm going to prevail of this offer on the 31st of July. When should I cancel how I'm not charged full price after 3 months? If I'm right it can be early as the 2nd of September because of the 30 day notice? so they'll take my last payment around the 30th of September and I'll still get access for the whole of October?

Sorry for making it confusing :D

Thanks

I’d like to know the answer to this also

Just signed up, I have BT1 & 2 in HD and Eir sports 2 in HD, but eir sports 1 is in SD. Any ideas?

Edit: after a bit of digging it seems there is no eir sports 1 HD, bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Brian017

xabi wrote: »
    Just signed up, I have BT1 & 2 in HD and Eir sports 2 in HD, but eir sports 1 is in SD. Any ideas?

Edit: after a bit of digging it seems there is no eir sports 1 HD, bizarre.

It looks like its being tested on Sky at the moment. Seems it might be on its way soon

Brian017 wrote: »
    It looks like its being tested on Sky at the moment. Seems it might be on its way soon

Thank christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Sky coming out with a €20 deal per month for six months should see this deal extended to a least the PL season start I'd imagine.

Crazy if they don't

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Took the euro deal for three months. Cancelling the S*** out of it after the 89 days.

Took the euro deal for three months. Cancelling the S*** out of it after the 89 days.

59 days

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

I almost hit a problem
    The telephone number was a required field but we only have mobiles and it would not give the option on an 08 prefix..........luckily I remembered Imagine had assigned us a landline number we don't use!!!!

km79 wrote: »
    I almost hit a problem
    The telephone number was a required field but we only have mobiles and it would not give the option on an 08 prefix..........luckily I remembered Imagine had assigned us a landline number we don't use!!!!

085-089 is available if you scan to the end pal

• Advertisement

Schwanz wrote: »

LOL how the hell did I miss that

km79 wrote: »
    LOL how the hell did I miss that

S**t happens mate lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

xabi wrote: »
    59 days

Using my spare Revolut card so I'll block online transactions just to safe. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Mike3549

It is available at first, but when you have to enter your details such as name and address in step 2, all of the 085-089 prefixes disappeared for me.
    Had to look for an old contract with the landline no on it

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Mike3549 wrote: »
    It is available at first, but when you have to enter your details such as name and address in step 2, all of the 085-089 prefixes disappeared for me.
    Had to look for an old contract with the landline no on it
    You could have just made up a landline number

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

It says in my email I've to cancel in writing.

What chances that the letter gets lost in the post

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    It says in my email I've to cancel in writing.

What chances that the letter gets lost in the post

Email

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

• Registered Users Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭xtal191

iggy82 wrote: »

I cancelled over the phone yesterday, no mention of filling out that form.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

Sky coming out with a €20 deal per month for six months should see this deal extended to a least the PL season start I'd imagine.

Crazy if they don't

That deal runs until the 30 of August.

Advertisement