Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are we mean

• 15-05-2014 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

Just thinking about the way Irish stations like to imitate foreign developed programs such as Talent Shows, Dragons Den, The Apprentice and so on.

But one program stuck in my mind that they have not seemed to have taken to and thats DIY SOS. Why is this ? Can you envisage the local Irish developer /builder/ tradesperdon giving up a few days for free to help some one out with
    only satisfaction as thanks. I mean if
    you look at the Brits they really go all out on these projects and all for free.

Are we, as a nation, a bunch of money grabbing mé féiners or have I bring watching the wrong channel ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

So you want Irish developer /builder/ tradesperson to make a TV programme?

How are we mean?
    Mens shed groups all over Ireland lend a hand where ever they can and don't look for diddley squat in return.

http://menssheds.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

RTE can call it DIY SÓS to Irish it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭ryan101

Cowboy builders would be a much more apt programme for Ireland.
    What's the chances of RTE ever having the balls in this corrupt cesspool of a country to run a programme like that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

The attitude of a whole country is summed up by what TV shows it has or hasn't ripped off? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Chucken wrote: »

How are we mean?
    Mens shed groups all over Ireland lend a hand where ever they can and don't look for diddley squat in return.

Its a little more than men sheds, who do great work by the way.

My point is the TV stations like to show an Irish version if quite alot of popular foreign shows. DIY SOS is a great show and very popluar, with so many talented Irish and capable Irish tradespeople, how come this show hasn't taken off here ? ( am Irish version )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Hotale.com wrote: »
    The attitude of a whole country is summed up by what TV shows it has or hasn't ripped off? :confused:

Yeah,. we have fcuk all "cash in the attic" type programmes too.

Chucken wrote: »

How are we mean?

My point is the TV stations like to show an Irish version if quite alot of popular foreign shows. DIY SOS is a great show and very popluar, with so many talented Irish and capable Irish tradespeople, how come this show hasn't taken off here ? ( am Irish version )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I think, as a people we can be accused of many things, mean however, isn't one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Thespoofer wrote: »

Our TV is already over-saturated with a load of crap anyway...

I think, as a people we can be accused of many things, mean however, isn't one of them.

So why no 'DIY SÓS' ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

So why no 'DIY SÓS' ?

There is some "do up your house" programme on RTE, can't think of the name of it - anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

So why no 'DIY SÓS' ?

What the fcuk do I look like? The RTE customer relations desk?

Ok, Maybe my wooden appearance may have mislead you :p

So why no 'DIY SÓS' ?

OK, let me rephrase that, Do you think a similar Irish version would work here ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

What the fcuk do I look like? The RTE customer relations desk?

Ok, Maybe my wooden appearance may have mislead you :p

:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

In Dirty Old Towns they fix up an entire town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

Neville knott's doorstep challange is the irish take on DIY SOS.

Advertisement