Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR SPORTS

Options
  • 18-07-2018 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

€1 per month for first 3 months until 31st July.
    30 days notice to cancel as price after 3 month is €27.50

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Wonder is there much messing cancelling

I think there was something like this before and you called and then the usual sales pitch to stay and just say no thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭IBrows89

Can you get this deal when you have sky or do you have to be EIR or Virgin anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

IBrows89 wrote: »
    Can you get this deal when you have sky or do you have to be EIR or Virgin anyone know?

Sky box and card only required - https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lovely stuff
    Thanks OP
    I’ll wait till the last possible date to subscribe fo maximize the premier league

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Good bargain, will take this.

Can’t believe the normal package is gone so dear now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Brian017

Yes you can get it with Sky because I got a text offering me the deal on Sky. If you were with Eir it wouldn’t apply as you’d get it for free

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Is there any way to get this if you’re a virgin customer?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Not via Virgin Cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

No no chance but if u can get a cheap sky box with a card it will work

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Great deal to be fair.
    I signed up in May to a 2 month half price contract so just checking with them if I cancel next week can I resign up with this offer.
    If they wont let me I might just pick a different viewing card and swap them in the house. Does anyone know if that's possible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

Anyone know if they will activate it on Sky Q Mini boxes too for this price?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

RobTheLad wrote: »
    Anyone know if they will activate it on Sky Q Mini boxes too for this price?

€2.99 per month each box

€2.99 per month each box

Needs to have a card

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

good offer for 3 months but works out dearer for the year, still serious value
    compared to sky who don't even offer hd with their higher sub

jeffk wrote: »
    Wonder is there much messing cancelling

I think there was something like this before and you called and then the usual sales pitch to stay and just say no thanks

They are generally no problem. You call them, say you want to quit, they offer you €16.99 or so instead of €27/month to stay. You accept or just cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

mailburner wrote: »
    good offer for 3 months but works out dearer for the year,

That's true. Although if like me, you plan to cancel for July and August next year, it works out cheaper on the monthly rate.

Does anyone know what they are like if you cancel after the 3 months...will they haggle for another deal?

That's true. Although if like me, you plan to cancel for July and August next year, it works out cheaper on the monthly rate.

Does anyone know what they are like if you cancel after the 3 months...will they haggle for another deal?

They will haggle but usually drop to about €20 per month

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

They'll prob offer for €20 for the next three months thereafter

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭IBrows89

km79 wrote: »
    Lovely stuff
    Thanks OP
    I’ll wait till the last possible date to subscribe fo maximize the premier league

Anyone know when the last day would be? I'm planning to do the exact same!

Anyone know when the last day would be? I'm planning to do the exact same!

July 31st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ah fair enough, paid 225 last year myself and it's up next month.

cancelled sky on monday and talk about haggling from their side
    told them I would never pay for hd again (reduced it from 17.50 to 10) when bt were giving it for no extra
    their argument was that bt was only 720p v their 1080p
    dont care what it is as long as it isn't sd esp for sport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

cancelled sky on monday and talk about haggling from their side
    told them I would never pay for hd again (reduced it from 17.50 to 10) when bt were giving it for no extra
    their argument was that bt was only 720p v their 1080p
    dont care what it is as long as it isn't sd esp for sport

That not even true in regard to the resolution of the relative broadcasts. Such liars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Just in case people arent aware, if you switch to Eir broadband you get eirsports for free. I recently switched for €35 a month on a 12 month contract. That deal seems to be finished but there are other offers available. Have had the BB in for a week or so now and its tip top.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Could you get this even if your using a UK card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Berberis wrote: »
    Could you get this even if your using a UK card

No

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Cheers. Had a look at my epg and could not see any eir channels, but thought id double check on here.
    Think I've an old irish card on the tell in kitch. Will check that one

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭rudiger2.0

Just in case people arent aware, if you switch to Eir broadband you get eirsports for free. I recently switched for €35 a month on a 12 month contract. That deal seems to be finished but there are other offers available. Have had the BB in for a week or so now and its tip top.

Been wondering about this. How do you get Eir sports if you don't have a TV box? Or does the router work as one? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

i paid the same last year, sent an email saying i wasn't renewing this year and i got a phone call yesterday offering a years subscription for 199

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

bungaro79 wrote: »
    i paid the same last year, sent an email saying i wasn't renewing this year and i got a phone call yesterday offering a years subscription for 199

I'm currently paying 15.99permonth for two boxes in the house.

Think I'll cancel now and see will they offer cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭yknaa

bungaro79 wrote: »

Interesting. I paid €199 last year (mulit-room) and cancelled a few weeks ago. Sub is not due to fall till late August however. They offered €225 but I said no thanks. Might be tempted with €199 if they ring closer to the date in August. Saying that, there is little on over the summer anyway.

Cancelling was a doddle and I always find them ok to deal with on the phone.

Don't they usually do a Black Monday yearly sub offer later in November?

Advertisement