Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Chelsea Sunday April 27th KO 14:05 SS1

• 23-04-2014 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Chelsea have offered Liverpool £9M to play Moses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Its Wednesday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,825 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

this thread will be shut down by sunset!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ah here, I'll open it on Friday lads, christ theres UCL on for now.

Friday night 00:01 and I'll open it and ye can go mad, I'm off to a stag in Limerick so do what ye want for the weekend.
    :pac:

Go mad....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Dont mind if I do

854.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Here's hoping Phoenix takes after the last non Liverpool supporter to start a match thread for us... The much adored, cson :D

But realistically, Chelsea to hammer Liverpool having rested their best players all season in preparation of this game. Out Liverpool'ing Liverpool at their own extended-rest-cheating game.

Only ones that benefit from a Chelsea win is City and thats IF they win on Sunday.

I'd rather focus on the UCL so this game doesnt mean much for us only bragging rights at this stage but I'm sure if we won and Liverpool won the league they wouldnt give a bo**ocks.

Anyway, heres to an entertaining game and I hope we make the UCL final after resting players.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I doubt Chelsea's team will be that much weaker, although with Ramires and (hopefully, presumably) Hazard out as well as Eto'o, Liverpool can get the win or at least the draw. It'll be a bloody tough game either way against a Mourinho team. Much as I dislike the man, he knows to to organise a team well. If Suarez and Sturridge are on their game though there is no reason we can't get a positive result. It certainly won't be the reserve team defence I've seen mentioned a few times. In perhaps his last game vs Liverpool (possible European games notwithstanding) it may well be fated for Torres to score at Anfield one last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Jose is playing a bunch of kids for this one. Liverpool should win this easily, can't see them losing whatsoever. Easy 3-0 to Liverpool.

At the moment I think our team will be

Hilario

?? ?? ?? ??
    Matic Mikel Lamps
    Salah Ba Schurrle

Fill in the blanks, Although our back line for the UCL game will probably be Azp, Cahill Ivan, Cole and Luiz in CM so the starting back four for the Anfield game is anyones guess.

I just hope Jose buys a ticket before he parks the bus.
    Be a nightmare if we get clamped right before the AM game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,897 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Any chance Brendan has Jose's wifes phone number so he can ring her and tell her the score at the end of the match so Jose doesn't have another thing to stress about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

2-2 draw, no way Liverpool will win 12 in a row!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,273 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Can it be 4pm Sunday already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

A draw would be the stuff of dreams. It'd be wonderful to stay ahead of champions elect, Chelsea, until the final weekend. I'll have tears in my eyes telling my grandchildren about the time we kept the pace with the best of the best for 37 games.

Would settle for any sub-four goal loss though, just so long as we aren't embarrassed to Arsenal or Spurs proportions.

Can it be 4pm Sunday already

It'll be over then will it not?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Ok Mourinho, I don't particularly like you. But for once, I need you to win. Do this one for City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,273 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

K-9 wrote: »
    It'll be over then will it not?

That's the point we would know the score :) and nerves can be put at rest for another week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I'm going to be at the Munster game in Marseille while the second half of this will be playing out. Any chance of the FA/PL/SKY swapping this to the 12 oc slot if I give them a buzz??

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

Fizman wrote: »
    I'm going to be at the Munster game in Marseille while the second half of this will be playing out. Any chance of the FA/PL/SKY swapping this to the 12 oc slot if I give them a buzz??

As you can tell from prior experiences the FA/PL/SKY would be more than willing to help, just as long as the change doesn't give an English team a better chance in Europe.

Should give the lads Ake and Christensen a run, try to slowly develop them in :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Go mad....

It has nearly been a week since Liverpool last played...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ah here, I'll open it on Friday lads, christ theres UCL on for now.

Friday night 00:01 and I'll open it and ye can go mad, I'm off to a stag in Limerick so do what ye want for the weekend.
    :pac:

Must.Follow.Mod.Instruction.

Its going to be....different....on this match thread;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wouldn't mind seeing a weakened team myself so...

OwaynOTT you're cut.
    Knex you're cut.
    Hangballouie grab yourself some crayons and a page you're cut.
    Grayditch you're cut.
    Gafferino......I just cut you.
    NukaCola you're cut.
    'The Kerrigooney' you rarely show up for these things but you're cut...head to the pub.
    Eightball.....eh nevermind.

Chelsea 5-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Does Jose bus accept the Oyster card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

No way Liverpool win 12 on the bounce... 2-1 Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

1-0 Chelsea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

3-1 Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I think crystal palace will win this comfortably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Scored draw for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Smash and grab Chlesea win 2-1 I'm afraid, they'll go one up from a corner, hit us on a counter, before we get one back from ...oh let's just say Allen in the 83rd minute.

Prove me wrong Brendan. Prove. Me. Wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭RayCon

I'm planking .... and it's only Fri.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Easy win for Liverpool!

Who's next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

25 - 0 to Chelsea. Can't see us keeping Torres quiet.

25 - 0 to Chelsea. Can't see us keeping Torres quiet.

Torres has been in remarkable form of late.
    Only a matter of time before he finds the side net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

What with the injuries, suspensions and impending Champions League semi coming up, Jose will obviously have to tinker with his team compared to the one he put out in Madrid.

Will he go for 4 defensive midfielders or 5 centre-backs ? Choices, choices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,287 ✭✭✭✭rob316

An extremely hard fought 1 nil for Liverpool regardless of the team put out. Either way I don't see Liverpool been beaten at Anfield by Chelsea, CL is their priority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

greendom wrote: »
    What with the injuries, suspensions and impending Champions League semi coming up, Jose will obviously have to tinker with his team compared to the one he put out in Madrid.

Will he go for 4 defensive midfielders or 5 centre-backs ? Choices, choices

A keeper, 8 centre backs and 2 full backs.

And a Scania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,356 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

rob316 wrote: »
    An extremely hard fought 1 nil for Liverpool regardless of the team put out. Either way I don't see Liverpool been beaten at Anfield by Chelsea, CL is their priority.

no, 4-0 Chelsea.

get it together, lad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

**** you Mourinho, you can't fool me into taking the fort down! I shall build it higher on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Don't believe in any of this superstition bollocks, so realistic prediction from me.

2-1 Liverpool.

Liverpool will go for the win. They will not be satisfied with a draw even if it keeps the title in their hands. 3 points will be the target here.

Mourinho will try to soak up early pressure and look to win it late on. I don't think it will work because we have so much quality and form up front at the moment.

Chelsea will score though (a Salah goal wouldn't surprise me) and it will be a nervy end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Morzadec wrote: »
    Don't believe in any of this superstition bollocks, so realistic prediction from me.

2-1 Liverpool.

Liverpool will go for the win. They will not be satisfied with a draw even if it keeps the title in their hands. 3 points will be the target here.

Mourinho will try to soak up early pressure and look to win it late on. I don't think it will work because we have so much quality and form up front at the moment.

Chelsea will score though (a Salah goal wouldn't surprise me) and it will be a nervy end.

Its more a saving face, bit of fun, type thing really. However, if we do lose, we're blaming you. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Im going to watch this in my 'lucky' pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

I reckon Liverpool will win this game on Sunday. I dont believe the Chelsea 'B' team will be anything of the sort. Injuries and suspensions aside as they are part and parcel of the game I reckon Jose will play the best of what he has left.

Seriously, normally we'd be happy enough to take a point and I'd take it in this one. 1-1 with hopefully Sturridge coming on to get the equaliser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Liverpool 4 Chelsea 0

Chelsea, a team who were never any good until they put money in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Chelsea's rested team will have too much for Liverpool.

See Chelsea sneaking a 2-1 win.

Schurrle fouled for a penalty by Skrtel which Lampard converts.

Cahill goal from a corner.

Sturridge comes off the bench to grab a late consolation.

This game ends Liverpools title hopes as the pressure to now get 3 points at Selhurst Park is just too much.

The title was just one hurdle too far.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement