Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cranial Osteopathy

Options
  • 17-03-2014 8:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Can anybody recommend someone in laois that does baby/infant Cranial Osteopathy. 15mth old doesn't sleep more that a hour or two at a time. Constantly waking up screaming and rolling around the bed. Suffered with chronic reflux when smaller and was told this would improve once on solids, but hasn't really. This is making for very long stressful and disruptive nights every night. Heard mixed reviews of Cranial Osteopathy but will try anything at this point

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

collie74 wrote: »
    Can anybody recommend someone in laois that does baby/infant Cranial Osteopathy. 15mth old doesn't sleep more that a hour or two at a time. Constantly waking up screaming and rolling around the bed. Suffered with chronic reflux when smaller and was told this would improve once on solids, but hasn't really. This is making for very long stressful and disruptive nights every night. Heard mixed reviews of Cranial Osteopathy but will try anything at this point[/

God help ye i know what its like our first daughter was like that its very very hard.
    Was ur baby born by cesarian ?

Thinking back we went through a difficult time around 14-18 months with first baby too.

At the time we went to a woman in clonmel who we thought was very good and lots of family have gone there too.

However 2 weeks ago i went to a woman in abbeyleix im goin back tomorrow for second appointment with youngest child.
    It took me about 2 weeks to get appointment with her.

Pm me if you want either numbers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Have you brought your child to a doctor to try and diagnose the problem? Might lead you to a better referral than alternative medicine. If there's a problem your child is having, you should probably have it checked out first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 collie74

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Have you brought your child to a doctor to try and diagnose the problem? Might lead you to a better referral than alternative medicine. If there's a problem your child is having, you should probably have it checked out first.

Of course i've brought my child to the doctor .... And was referred to see a paediatric doctor in the hospital too, Where else would I get a diagnosis of reflux from. While there was a slight and I mean a very slight improvement with the medication that was prescribed, that isn't reason enough to fill my child with drugs for a slight improvement, and it's not like we haven't gave it time, 15 months on and still no improvement, I think that's long enough trying modern medicine don't you and give the alternative malarkey ago, and no I'm not looking to feed my child a mixture of wild berries and floor sweeping boiled up in his our urine and drank 3 times daily while chanting and rubbing goat excrement over his body ... I'm looking to try some cranial therapy. Anyhoo excuse the rant, just seems u've stated the obvious in asking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

The medical talk of this thread should be removed as per charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Mod

Looking for contact details for someone is fine but please keep it to PM and remember not to seek or offer any medical advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

collie74 wrote: »
    Of course i've brought my child to the doctor .... And was referred to see a paediatric doctor in the hospital too, Where else would I get a diagnosis of reflux from. While there was a slight and I mean a very slight improvement with the medication that was prescribed, that isn't reason enough to fill my child with drugs for a slight improvement, and it's not like we haven't gave it time, 15 months on and still no improvement, I think that's long enough trying modern medicine don't you and give the alternative malarkey ago, and no I'm not looking to feed my child a mixture of wild berries and floor sweeping boiled up in his our urine and drank 3 times daily while chanting and rubbing goat excrement over his body ... I'm looking to try some cranial therapy. Anyhoo excuse the rant, just seems u've stated the obvious in asking

In fairness, cranial osteopathy is probably about as effective as rubbing goat excrement on your child.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Calibos wrote: »
    In fairness, cranial osteopathy is probably about as effective as rubbing goat excrement on your child.

Have u done both ?
    How effective were one as opposed to the other ?

Advertisement