Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC 2014 Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Agreed on the above. As much as I'd like to throw all the blame at Connolly, the pitch has been crap for most of the season and we shouldn't have let it come to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I had two boys out with me at the league cup semi, they'd be non regulars with maybe a passing and increasing interest. I'm always selling them the derby fixture. So glad I didn't ask them to this, one fella comes down from Drogheda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Alfa Quadrifoglio

Saw the repair work to the pitch tonight, it was perfectly playable, calling off the game 45 minutes before ko was the worst referee decision in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Shameful. Cant defend this one. Jokeshop stuff which will have the barstoolers pissing themselves.

Great win tonight. Hopefully we'll get a nice draw tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I'll post more later but what a great result. Super performances all round! Delany was absolutely magnificent. Made great saves, great distribution and came off his line superbly tonight! Should have been MOTM. No disrespect to Devanney that is who was also super tonight. Honourable mention to Lopes who was fantastic at right full and arguably out of position. If we could reach that level consistently then a top 4 finish next year would be a real possibility! We're a match for anyone on our day and cannot wait for the draw!

All the way, Bohs!

Great post Bohtox, agree with all you said. Deano was savage tonight, kept us in it a good few times. Kevin Devanney bossed that right flank all night and was worth the MOTM nod in my opinion. Lopes had that whingebag Dennehey in his pocket all night too. I think his head dropped a fair bit from that plus the fact the Jodi was on his case every time he touched the ball. He's so easy to hate. Karl Moore and Derek Pender were solid tonight too. Wouldn't mind getting Drogheda or the non-league team in the next round. Dalyer was buzzing tonight, a real positive vibe leaving the ground. Great feeling. This is football.

Another away draw boys. The winner of St Pats vs Shelbourne tonight will welcome Bohs in the FAI Cup quarter final. At least we don't have to travel too far for this one!

A cup final, which should mean Europe, is doable. We should have beaten Pat's in Dalyer earlier this year and we'd easily do Shels. We're much improved from both the last time we played Pat's a few weeks ago and since we played Shels, this time last year.

And IF we get past either of our Dublin rivals, there's every chance we could draw the winner of Finn Harps vs The non League outfits. Would be very kind. Imagine a cup final in the Aviva....

... Against Rovers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭MeIsGod

Just seen Bate qualified for group stages last night (only spotted this now), mad to think 10 years ago i was watching Bohs spank them in Dalymount park.

Hard to know what team we'll put out tonight against Dundalk. Lot of injuries and a lot of games played recently.

Delany

Lopes Muller Price Pender

Devanney Walsh Wearen Moore

Corcoran Byrne

The thing is there's a lot of tired bodies. Heary was saying in his interview that people have work and child commitments etc. I exoect all 3 subs to be used, which is rare enough. Wouldn't be too hopeful of a result unfortunately :o

also: anyone know how to make a link appear as a word? So ideally the word "interview", when clicked, would take you to the interview I'm posting below.

http://bohemianfc.com/?p=7187

BOHtox wrote: »
    also: anyone know how to make a link appear as a word? So ideally the word "interview", when clicked, would take you to the interview I'm posting below.
    http://bohemianfc.com/?p=7187

[¿URL="your link here"¿]Enter text to describe your link[¿/URL]

Remove the upside down question marks and you're good to go.

I'm going to Oriel for the first time tonight. Is our section crap? I had a dream this was called of btw, hope im not clarevoyant!

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'm going to Oriel for the first time tonight. Is our section crap? I had a dream this was called of btw, hope im not clarevoyant!

Used to be a lot worse but it's still terrible. You know they way you're held back in Tallaght so crowds are dispersed by Gardai? Not really the case in Dundalk. You're kept back I'd say 20 minutes at least and you're still walking past Dundalk fans on the way out. I always just stay in the section and watch the warm down etc in the time kept back. The view is poor, the facilities are poor and there's no shelter from the elements. A trip worth making though.

[¿URL="your link here"¿]Enter text to describe your link[¿/URL]

Remove the upside down question marks and you're good to go.

Sound, Diego Simeone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Not going up myself this time. Not really sure what to expect from the game. Lot of tired bodies and I don't think energy levels will be at full capacity to deal with Dundalk's constant threat.

Got a lucky draw against them away early on in the season and they pissed all over us in Dalymount so who knows what the hell will happen really.

A draw would be excellent but will be hard fought you'd imagine.

We played very well by all accounts. I'd like to see more of Adam Evans. Seems like a very technical player. He seems to be throw on in the last 5-10 of every game where we're either chasing or defending. Both times the ball does be just thrown up to him. Obviously with Byrne and Dinny playing well at the moment it'd be hard to drop one of them but with games coming thick and fast it's nice to know we have another option there. Left footed too I believe so it adds a bit of balance to the team.

Very busy September ahead:
    Friday Sept 5th Dalymount Park Bohemians v Bray Wanderers 7.45
    Monday Sept 8th The Showgrounds Sligo Rovers v Bohemians 7.45
    Friday Sept 19th Athlone Town Stadium Athlone Town v Bohemians 7.45
    Tuesday Sept 23rd Dalymount Park Bohemians v Shamrock Rovers 7.45
    Friday Sept 26th Dalymount Park Bohemians v Limerick 7.45

2 absolute rasping goals from us up there last night. Defo look out for them on Monday. The security in Oriel is a joke btw. Horses, riot police, attack dogs and holding us in for 15 mins after the game. I was happy with the tenacity we showed, 2-2 would have wen deserved if we got it. No complaints on the football really though.

St. Patrick's Athletic @ Richmond Park await us in the 1/4 Final of the FAI Cup after they saw off Shels tonight. So it's yet another away match for us in our quest for the Aviva! At least it's handy to get to.

Sunday September 14th. Stick it in the diary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

If Bohs keep their scoring boots on as of late they'll ease past Pats, over both matches they were extremely poor and it's clear to see why they're not challenging.

Guessing KO will be an afternoon if it's on a Sunday? Might pop over if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Omackeral wrote: »

Sunday September 14th. Stick it in the diary.

Has it been confirmed for the Sunday? I would have assumed it'd be on the Friday

Sorry LucanBohs I was going by our official site which actually says W/E Sunday 14th so you could be right. Rovers are playing Dundalk that night on TV so you are probably right. My apologies if I'm wrong.

It's ridiculous that we don't know what date it's on. I'd say a good few people will be in the same boat as me with regards to time off work. Leaving it this late is pretty hard to get time off. Have the friday booked off as I took a guess. Hope it's friday too in terms of atmosphere. I'd hate it to be early sunday afternoon.

Would be amazed if it's anything but a Friday night kick off. A 5:30pm kick off on the Saturday wouldn't be a bad slot either actually.

Club's FB has it down for the Friday. Thank god for that

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Looking forward to Pats, win would be huge

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

If Bohs keep their scoring boots on as of late they'll ease past Pats, over both matches they were extremely poor and it's clear to see why they're not challenging.

Guessing KO will be an afternoon if it's on a Sunday? Might pop over if so.

jaysis build a bridge.... your were well beaten by a better team.

Would prefer to play Bohs in Dalymount tbh.

Ah Richmond will do just fine. We're gonna be the S.E.I.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dreamers75 wrote: »
    jaysis build a bridge.... your were well beaten by a better team.

Barely...

Bohs offering a 'kids go free' initiative for all remaining home league fixtures. 1 paying adult can bring 3 U-12's for free.

Get 'em in early and there's a future fan base right there.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Bohs offering a 'kids go free' initiative for all remaining home league fixtures. 1 paying adult can bring 3 U-12's for free.

Get 'em in early and there's a future fan base right there.

Great initiative. Back in the day My da's mate, and my former football manager, used to run it in the Shed. Used to have massive crowds in there. It was run a few years ago but didn't really work out too well. Hopefully now though with the schools just back etc that it's an optimum time to restart the initiative!

Great initiative. Back in the day My da's mate, and my former football manager, used to run it in the Shed. Used to have massive crowds in there. It was run a few years ago but didn't really work out too well. Hopefully now though with the schools just back etc that it's an optimum time to restart the initiative!

A few notices in local schools would do the trick. Gets kids talking about it at home and may entice lapsed/new fans bringing their sons/daughters to a game.

Eoin Wearen. A man with all the talent in the world but over the last few games he acts like he couldn't give a bollocks. I actually can't remember the last time he played well. The game against Cork bypassed him. Up in Derry a few weeks before he was anonymous and showed signs of petulance. It's that petulance tonight that got him sent off. Took a dive trying to win a penalty and then kicked out at the bray player, who rightly told Wearen to get up. Wearen could be a Towell for instance. He has to sort his head out though. He's gone very stale recently.

Another win in Dalyer though and afaik we're officially safe from the automatic drop. Beattie coming back in to the team for Monday will be a boost. Walsh, who has been not seen enough game time this year, now has a golden opportunity to nail down his place for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Confirmed by Pats that tickets can be bought on the day tomorrow http://stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=6379#.VBFsemPOBRV

• Advertisement

Something like this tonight please. Less the literal fireworks! Remember sitting in the main stand. Some atmosphere at that match!

Jaysis what a game that was. Think it was Fahey's last one for them before he went across the water? He played well that night. Killian Brennan was dynamite that night and what a goal by the gaffer! I believe we can do it. Would honestly love a crack at a semi final. Make our section bounce tonight lads come on!!!

#ShedEndInvincibles :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

This Bohs lad arrested for bringing a palestinian flag to the match tonight.

BxXBdNBIEAA2YlQ.jpg:large

This lad a hero for assault on the pitch......

BxXBdAzIYAEjavr.jpg:large

ireland eh.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭eire4

dreamers75 wrote: »
    This Bohs lad arrested for bringing a palestinian flag to the match tonight.

BxXBdNBIEAA2YlQ.jpg:large

This lad a hero for assault on the pitch......

BxXBdAzIYAEjavr.jpg:large

ireland eh.......

He actually got arrested for bringing a Palestine flag thats ridiculous. Way over the top reaction.

Boys what do we say about tonight? The crowd were unreal, screaming and chanting encouragement for 90 mins non stop. Forgot that other shower were even there half the time, very quiet in the School End they were. One of the quietest I've ever heard in the SDCC years anyway. Dinny ran his legs off and Beattie was immense for someone who was still doubtful yesterday. The two 3-2 defeats on the road to Dundalk and Pats recently (2 best teams in the country IMO) even had me not p*ssed off somehow because you see the effort. While by no means our greatest season, it's been one of my personal favourites. Proud to be a Bohs man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Super performance and you really could not fault the work rate of all of the players. Delaney is beginning to look solid, Pender was like a man possessed and the goal was a cracker, he had Luke Byrne quaking in his boots! Mulcahy was outstanding in the first half and Beattie & Corcoran never stopped running, Memory looked decent to me as well, if he gets a good run in the team his confidence will grow and he'll be good for us. Unfortunate about the goal, the defence have to react quicker when the keeper pushes a peno away.
    Considering we were missing Wearen, Dan Byrne, Anto Murphy and Devaney makes it an even better display.
    Hope we can can keep this team together for next season and we should be pushing top 4/5 and maybe a cup win!

Someone asked this on the main Soccer forum and I'm nit sure if it was answered but what did Eoin Wearen do in the year after being released by west ham and before signing for bohs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭sidcon

Someone asked this on the main Soccer forum and I'm nit sure if it was answered but what did Eoin Wearen do in the year after being released by west ham and before signing for bohs?

He had a long term injury when released by west ham, he went on trials for a number of clubs but couldn't get a club from Ipswich Southend Colchester, he has been with bohs since March for fitness training and finally signed in May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭sidcon

He had a long term injury when released by west ham, he went on trials for a number of clubs but couldn't get a club from Ipswich Southend Colchester, he has been with bohs since March for fitness training and finally signed in May.

Posted this over on the LOI Fixtures thread but just in case
    A reminder to anyone who may have forgotten or not been made aware, the fixture between St Patrick's Athletic and Bohemians at Richmond Park has been pushed forward to tomorrow, Tuesday 30th September @ 7:45 to accommodate the Saints' Cup Semi Final.

Who from the squad would yous keep for next year?

Deano
    Lopez
    Pender
    Dinny

They've all shown great attitudes this year, especially in the second half of the season.

Would love to see more from Craig Walsh, Kavanagh and Wearan. They're all extremely skillful but I reckon we've yet to see their best.

Also, the gaffer.

You?

Dave McKeon will be the Ref taking charge tonight in Inchicore. Not the worst of them... although that's not saying much.

I think we need to keep most of the squad together if at all possible. A left back would be a great addition and that would mean Pender could move to the right, where he is simply a much better player! The last few games he's played for us there he has been fantastic! That would give us a choice of playing Anto centre half or right wing. Then Beattie and Devanney up front or on the opposite wing etc. The shortage in one position really meant we had to move a lot of the squad around and I think next year that should be rectified. We're possibly one short at centre half as well. And Aaron Shanahan apparently had a shocker last night. If Jayo or Mulcahy don't feel they have another year in them they'd have to be replaced too but I'd be happy keeping them if they feel it in them.

Delany, Shanahan

Pender, Anto, Dano Byrne, Muller, Price, Memery + left back

Devaney, Beattie, Lopes, Wearen, McEvoy, Hyland, Walsh, Buckley, Moore, Kavanagh

Jayo, Dinny, Evans (Perhaps give him a shot properly up front with a pre-season)

The 4 players is bold could leave/ need to be replaced. A good spine with one or two players added and I feel we could finish 6-10 points higher!

The boys on Soccer Republic speculating that Heary may be off to Sligo. Anyone got any updates? I'd like to keep him but would wish him the best in whatever he does. If he does go... Anyone but Roddy please.

• Advertisement
Advertisement