Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI 2014 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,551 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That_Guy wrote: »
    Good stuff. Signed some LB from Malahide United. McCabe I think his second name is....

Philly McCabe? Was with us last year but couldn't get a look in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Mod: No streaming links allowed.

pats

clarke, obrien,bermo, oman browne, forrester, byrne bolger fahey lynch, kavo

dundalk

cherrie,gannon, rossiter, o donnell, horgan, hoban, higgins, massey, mc millan,towell, kelly

pre season game tbh

took 20 minutes not a preseaosn game, this is full on now :)

Loads of mistakes but to be expexted, mc millan should be off 2 footed lunge on Kavanagh

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

That_Guy wrote: »
    Good stuff. Signed some LB from Malahide United. McCabe I think his second name is....

Played with us for the first half of 2012!

dundalk with the better chances so far, they look seriously up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭house45

dreamers75 wrote: »
    dundalk with the better chances so far, they look seriously up for it.

Is their a decent crowd at it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

how would LOI supporters feel about putting their club name in their profile location as well?

I often read threads on LOI and people refer to things like "We have looked great this season" and I have no idea who they support.

Done, though my username usually gives it away :p

Fahey takes a free kick 25 yards iout.

1-0 Supersaints :D

1-1 mc millan

ohh controversy shouldnt be on the pitch :D

• Advertisement

2-1 Kavo superb move

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Bohs 2 (Traynor, Byrne) Tolka 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

how would LOI supporters feel about putting their club name in their profile location as well?

I often read threads on LOI and people refer to things like "We have looked great this season" and I have no idea who they support.

Spot on and I hate when players are mentioned using just a first name or worse still nicknames..."Gaz was brilliant tonight"...:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,242 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

bohsboy wrote: »
    Spot on and I hate when players are mentioned using just a first name or worse still nicknames..."Gaz was brilliant tonight"...:confused:

Thought he was injured...:pac:

Ended out a decent game vs Dundalk, very strong team out from them assume its their best 11?? They played well 1st half but we changed formation at half time and they didnt seem to cope with it. Forrester given a free role and kavo out wide.

Cracking goals from us and their goal Mc Millan played tru and he walked by Oman(hes not very fast) nice finish tho, still should have been sent off tho.

Good to be back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Ended out a decent game vs Dundalk, very strong team out from them assume its their best 11?? They played well 1st half but we changed formation at half time and they didnt seem to cope with it. Forrester given a free role and kavo out wide.

Cracking goals from us and their goal Mc Millan played tru and he walked by Oman(hes not very fast) nice finish tho, still should have been sent off tho.

Good to be back.

Decent game for LSC but if you think that was Dundalks strongest starting 11 then i might have news for you.Kavo palyed well for yee but looked all out at the end.Some nice skill also from Fahey on occasions,took the free kick to score well but looked ordinary for the most part.
    Yeah i wish we had have won and we came close to doing that but we have a few more cards to play yet.

• Advertisement

Decent game for LSC but if you think that was Dundalks strongest starting 11 then i might have news for you.Kavo palyed well for yee but looked all out at the end.Some nice skill also from Fahey on occasions,took the free kick to score well but looked ordinary for the most part.
    Yeah i wish we had have won and we came close to doing that but we have a few more cards to play yet.

Hence the ?? (thought that was obvious even used the word assume)

dundalk

cherrie,gannon, rossiter, o donnell, horgan, hoban, higgins, massey, mc millan,towell, kelly

Meenan O Connor, Mountney,Sava, Griffin, Byrne on the bench for you.

Not sure whats makes that 11 better, Higgins was quality for you. Towell in and out of the game, it started as a preseason game then Dundalk looked well up for it. Should ahve scored but you did sign Dave Mc Millan so expect to hear "should have scored" a lot and "35 yard screamer" once.

McMillan scored tonight and he took the goal well.What more do you want?
    Out for Dundalk at the moment, Andy Boyle, Chris Shields, Keith Ward & Brian Gartland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Out for Dundalk at the moment, Andy Boyle, Chris Shields, Keith Ward & Brian Gartland.

Cant really count Ward as he has a lot to prove before he becomes a regular again.
    The other 3 yes IMO will all start against Drogheda if fit

Any of those 4 gonna get into that team? Just asking really.

We called Mc Millan "inspector gadget", you will see why soon enough.

our best 11 is, Fahey Brennan have yet to play together in preseason.

..........Clarke
    GOB Oman Browne Bermo
    ...........Bolger
    ...Fahey.........Brennan
    Forrester....................Kavanagh
    ................Fagan

Quigley has yet to kick a ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

He scored in his first game for us last year. Thats all I remember from his time here.

• Advertisement

Any of those 4 gonna get into that team? Just asking really.

We called Mc Millan "inspector gadget", you will see why soon enough.

our best 11 is, Fahey Brennan have yet to play together in preseason.

..........Clarke
    GOB Oman Browne Bermo
    ...........Bolger
    ...Fahey.........Brennan
    Forrester....................Kavanagh
    ................Fagan

Quigley has yet to kick a ball.

All 4 are more than capable & indded would be considered 1st team players.

Whats the prob with Squiggs? Injured?

Cant really count Ward as he has a lot to prove before he becomes a regular again.
    The other 3 yes IMO will all start against Drogheda if fit
    Wardy is about a week or two away from full fittness & a return.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

All 4 are more than capable & indded would be considered 1st team players.

Whats the prob with Squiggs? Injured?

Ward hasnt played a game of football or kicked a ball properly in over 8 months, to think he would be considered a 1st team player untill at least 2/3 months of the season is madness!

Who really cares what score it was tonight, another game all about fitness, testing out formations etc...

The competitive games start next week, Setanta Cup

AgileMyth wrote: »
    He scored in his first game for us last year. Thats all I remember from his time here.
    Maybe he likes its here.Playing with siblings is sometimes annoying and off putting.

Who really cares what score it was tonight, another game all about fitness, testing out formations etc...

Same for us but your team were up for it no question about that.

Best preseason game both of us could have asked for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Thought it was a decent game last night by Leinster senior cup standards. Both managers fielded close to full teams and both teams were up for it with some very tasty challenges. Dundalk dominated and should have been two nil up at half time with a combination of bad misses, great goalkeeping from the excellent Clarke and lack of goal-line technology kept Pats in the game.
    Dundalk faded badly in the second half and Pat's took control of the game and probably deserved their win. Very hard to see past them for the league this season. They have improved on their squad from last year and play great football. Only potential problems for them is at central defence and lack of goals if Quigley doesn't hit form.

Thought Doyle had a stinker and once again we can be worried about the level of officiating in the coming season. Booked Towell for a nothing challenge where he won the ball cleanly right in front of linesman who didn't call a free, then let a lot of similar challenges by Pats players go unpunished. Gave frees to both teams for nothing. Gave corners for goal kicks. Made Pats retake a quick freekick as it was about two feet from where it should have been taken from. Worst decision of the night was only booking McMillan for a terrible tackle that should have been a straight red.
    For the goal not given, it looked like the ball crossed the line but no way to be sure so I think the linesman and referee were right not to give it. Didn't stop us giving the linesman dogs abuse though. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Some nice skill also from Fahey on occasions,took the free kick to score well but looked ordinary for the most part.

Fahey was muck last night. Gave the ball away loads and looked well off the pace. Only coming back from injury though so you'd have to imagine that he'll improve.
    Great free kick for the goal though and I knew it was coming as everybody around me was commenting on how poor he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

Good to be back.

Lovely free kick. When he get's his fitness back he'll be running the show again in the league. Good to see ex internationals like him and McPhail coming home to finish their careers in the league. They will undoubtedly add that extra bit of quality at this level. It would be good if the likes of Duff, Dunne, Keane etc. did the same.

On the video though I don't get why people persist in taking videos like that with their phone facing up resulting in the videos being recorded with a ridiculously long and narrow picture. Just turn your phone to the side like you're meant to do when taking videos. It's really not that diffiult. Then you will get a lovely 16:9 picture that doen't look absoulutely ridiculous when played on anything other than your phone. Rant over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

They're making the Setanta Cup competitive this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Everything is perfect bar that God Awful Sponsor

1610089_753597944651900_366765584_n.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Meh, I wouldn't say perfect. Hate that buttoned up bit and this trend of having thick sleeve rims. Would have been better all green too rather than the big white stripes down the sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Corholio wrote: »
    Meh, I wouldn't say perfect. Hate that buttoned up bit and this trend of having thick sleeve rims. Would have been better all green too rather than the big white stripes down the sides.

Maybe I went bit OTT with perfect. I agree on collar. Think Green down sides is ok.

I might have bought it bar the Sponsor, think just keep Red Away one for while longer.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Looks a bit like an Irish Rugby top at first glance

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Thats a pretty awful shirt. I like nothing about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Glad that isn't the design of Sligo jersey, might look better on the beast elding though.

It'd be half decent if the sponsors logo didnt look so awful.As for the girl thats wearing it? *insert durty pudding/sausage pun joke here* _____________ :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Clonakilty better be pumping money into us thats all I'm saying, two nice jersey's IMO now ruined by their logo, although this one is nothing special at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

doncarlos wrote: »
    Fahey was muck last night. Gave the ball away loads and looked well off the pace.
    The scale of the LSC occasion probably got to him.

djpbarry wrote: »
    The scale of the LSC occasion probably got to him.
    Everybody else was going at it except Fahey,Is Fahey exempt from criticism.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

It'd be half decent if the sponsors logo didnt look so awful.As for the girl thats wearing it? *I'd give her my sausage any day* _____________ :D

:D:D

Poor attempt I know but I was just trying to do what you asked!! :P :P

Everybody else was going at it except Fahey,Is Fahey exempt from criticism.

Only you criticizing him tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

gimmick wrote: »
    Thats a pretty awful shirt. I like nothing about it.

Umbro are just horrible tbh.

Only you criticizing him tbh

350/400 attendance.I doubt all 350/400 are on here.He was shoite,g'wan and admit it.

350/400 attendance.I doubt all 350/400 are on here.He was shoite,g'wan and admit it.

I thought he played as well as any other Pats player, Kavanagh the one who stood out most. But Fahey did as well as expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Cobh have parted company with their manager, Dave Hill. Very odd timing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

oldyouth wrote: »
    Cobh have parted company with their manager, Dave Hill. Very odd timing

Thats old news. The squad was told that more then a week ago. Hes got a job with FAS/FAI a lot of the players are unhappy as he knew about the job but still signed them all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Girl with a jersey saying Clonakilty sausage. There's an innuendo joke there somewhere i'm sure.

Awful looking jersey though even without the sponsor logo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Thats old news. The squad was told that more then a week ago. Hes got a job with FAS/FAI a lot of the players are unhappy as he knew about the job but still signed them all

Alot of people seem to have alot of problems with Dave Hill.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I see Pats are playing in NUI Maynooth tomorrow. Will be sure to pop by and give some abuse ;)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I see Pats are playing in NUI Maynooth tomorrow. Will be sure to pop by and give some abuse ;)

Ger O Brien is the manager.

Wonder if he will play :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement