Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

just watched the mid-week game, jes we where shocking. only player that looked like they might make something happen is Willian. Such a shame to see mata wasting away, such a talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Lukaku handed in transfer request before going on loan if the papers are to be believed

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9049533/Lukaku-handed-in-transfer-request-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lukaku will have less competition next year so he has 2 options, stay put and fight or f**k off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Hope he comes back and bangs in the goals for Chelsea. I don't think another high profile striker will work.
    Hope that Mata is playing tomorrow and Dave on the right. I be happy with no new players in Janurary unless a few are going.

Ya, ideally we'd start with Mata and give Oscar a rest but you just never know with Jose.

Arsenal are playing at 3 today against Cardiff so it has the potential for them to drop points given how well Cardiff play at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,825 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Jaysus, 3 points today would be lovely jubely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Essien starting apparantally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭RichT

Moses is playing well for us today :P

JT will make his 400th Premier League appearance today :)

Southampton's away form is not bad.
    WBA (win) Norwich (loss) Liverpool (win) ManU (draw) Stoke (draw) Arsenal (loss)
    Tough enough game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Team v Southampton: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Essien, Ramires; Mata, Oscar, Hazard; Torres.

Mata. :) Mikel over Essien and I would have been very happy, still not bad!

I'm happy with that team , chance for some to make a claim

Hope Mata does well and starts to play more.
    Would of liked ivan dropped with cole coming in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Happy that Mata is being given a chance, we'll need a big performance from him I think. Essien and Ramires should be quite a balanced midfield really...

Would this be the first time that Jose has started the Three Amigos ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Nope second match, they all started at Newcastle

delighted!!! G'wan Mata!:D

If we win today it will be an excellent day..good starting XI too. 3-1 hull :eek:

match thread up (my first I think...I'm old)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Up to 2nd without even playing :eek::p:D

Really dug that one out , terrible first half, excellent 2nd

3 points deserved on the 2nd half display alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Hazard and Ramires were very good in the 2nd half too, Mata made a difference, he played some wonderful passes. If Oscar is out Mata should be starting full stop and he ran his bo**ocks off for the team too.

Ivan wasnt grea going forward but nobody got passed him on his side, those displays are the ones you want to see, dont bomb on but be solid as f**k when needed, let Mata/Hazard/Oscar do the attacking on your side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Lovely stuff,

Hopefully the main man won't be out for too long, still his deputy wasn't half bad ;)

Nice to gain on Liverpool, United, Spurs and the Saints in the one round, I think we have a defined top three in the league now, time to tell them we will be on top in May

Pochthino (sp?) is a good manager though, I remember people going ape when they sacked Adkins but they're a much better outfit now and hes a good young manager.

Missed most of the game but looks like Essien will be out the door. Good 3 points and Mata played 90 minutes.
    No point in saying this is the kick up the ass Chelsea needed as too many of them this year. Ba looked ok when he came on apart from the miss.

Second half was brilliant. Thought Ba did really well when he came on.

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Missed most of the game but looks like Essien will be out the door. Good 3 points and Mata played 90 minutes.
    No point in saying this is the kick up the ass Chelsea needed as too many of them this year. Ba looked ok when he came on apart from the miss.

Well we do need a CM, relying on Ramires to carry Mikel or Lamps, isnt going to work.

MVG's injury was a bitter blow as he would have played a hell of lot of games this year.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Second half was brilliant. Thought Ba did really well when he came on.

He did put in a good shift, you'd forgive the miss as he took his goal very well.

Could try Luiz in CM or just let Ivan stay back during play as he offers very little cross wise.
    Josh could be brought back also but unsure how his doing with Watford.

Luiz would be the best bet of our current squad but he wont be back for a few games I dont think

I'm surprised Jose hasn't put Luiz in midfield yet, I think he makes way too many mistakes for Jose's liking but he would make a fantastic DM.

Is Terry the greatest goal scoring centre half ever?

I'm surprised Jose hasn't put Luiz in midfield yet, I think he makes way too many mistakes for Jose's liking but he would make a fantastic DM.

Id say when luiz is 100% he'll be played in there. On JT id say hes certainly got a claim to be the EPLs greatest he does have the record of course. :) Didnt Passeralla back in the day get a f**k load of goals from CB. plenty of penos and frees though. id say JT is one of the best attacking cbs of a ball around.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Unlikely. I think Terry is on 34 goals for Chelsea. Sergio Ramos has 35. Marco Materazzi has over 60. Steve Bruce has over 80 goals as a Centre back. Ronald Koeman has over 180.

amiable wrote: »
    Unlikely. I think Terry is on 34 goals for Chelsea. Sergio Ramos has 35. Marco Materazzi has over 60. Steve Bruce has over 80 goals as a Centre back. Ronald Koeman has over 180.

Terry has over 50 now. Okay, one of the best. :D

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Id say when luiz is 100% he'll be played in there. On JT id say hes certainly got a claim to be the EPLs greatest he does have the record of course. :) Didnt Passeralla back in the day get a f**k load of goals from CB. plenty of penos and frees though. id say JT is one of the best attacking cbs of a ball around.

Luiz has done pretty well anytime he's played in midfield. If we had Torres, the 3 amigos, Luiz and Ramires, with Dave popping up...Jesus..:eek:

Terry has over 50 now. Okay, one of the best. :D

Has he over 50? I don't think he has but I'm open to correction even including Senior International

I make it JT has 62 career goals.

• Advertisement

RichT wrote: »
    I make it JT has 60 career goals.

Source?

Has he over 50? I don't think he has but I'm open to correction even including Senior International

Bit of searching. http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2979195 that shows 50 for chelsea with the 50th against Liverpool.

He scored his 50th Chelsea goal against Liverpool last season.

I make it JT has 62 career goals.

I got 57.
    I call whohooo!:D

Source?

62 actually

Does it matter how many hes scored :pac:

Id prefer more clean sheets if i could have them and 3points than goals.

2tricky games coming up and 6points would ne brilliant but 4 wouldnt be the worse in the world.

Re Oscar injury.....................
    Very happy with the win and everything is all right with me. Muito feliz com a vitória e está tudo bem comigo. #comeonChelsea

from his Instagram

from his Instagram

Mata should start the next game anyway amd maybe willian or schurrle and give oscar a rest.

from his Instagram

Happy days. Some player.

• Advertisement

Sturridge could be missing the Stamford Bridge game. That would be good for coz Liverpool could drop points from it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement