Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

I must admit I will be highly disappointed if Sunderland pull off the Wickham signing. I really thought he was right up our street with the policy of signing young players that can potentially have a good sell on value. I reckon he has huge potential.

I see more rumors on daily star linking us to Juan Manuel Martínez whose nickname is the little donkey. Kinda seems apt for him to sign and play alongside the large donkey in Ameobi. (Sorry couldn't resist)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

bazual wrote: »
    I must admit I will be highly disappointed if Sunderland pull off the Wickham signing. I really thought he was right up our street with the policy of signing young players that can potentially have a good sell on value. I reckon he has huge potential.

I see a couple of north-east journalists on Twitter saying that Newcastle have said he's overpriced and will focus on Erding from PSG instead.

It's only £8m up front anyway and if he doesn't do well then the other clauses won't be activated so for that price I think he's worth a go. I think he'd work well as a big man up front with Gyan and Sessegnon either side in a 4-3-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭chimpo85

That_Guy wrote: »
    It's cos you're obsessed with us. ;)

---

Lads, TV fixtures are out tomorrow so I'll be booking my flights/hotel tomorrow for the first two weekends of the season.

Any recommendations for hotel? Preferably somewhere in the city centre.

If youre going over for a game and want to keep costs to a minimum, stay in a hostel. Theres a good few around the Toon. If you google either of these you'll be sorted, about £20 a night...

Albatross Backpackers (On Grangier St, just off Bigg Market and all main watering holes)

Euro Hostel (In Cariol Sq, across from strip club and near bigg market and Quayside)

Jesmond Youth Hostel (Out in Jesmond but its still only 5mins walk into town)

The first two are city centre and right in the thick of it all. Make sure you get to places like Chase, Bar 42 for 3 trebles for £5! If its your first time also, i highly recommend you go to Sam Jacks for pre game pints...unreal craic and much better than sitting in an empty stadium for 2hrs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

chimpo85 wrote: »
    i highly recommend you go to Sam Jacks for pre game pints...unreal craic and much better than sitting in an empty stadium for 2hrs!

Mechanical Bull, dentists chair, constantly showing repeats of the glorious 5-1 win against Sunderland what more could you want :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7012534,00.html
    Newcastle United have completed another raid on the French transfer market by finalising a deal for teenage midfielder Mehdi Abeid.
    The 18-year-old revealed in late May that he was set to join the Magpies from Lens after impressing the Premier League club on trial last season.
    He has now put the finishing touches to his move to St James' Park and Newcastle feel the holding midfielder has a promising future.
    "We are delighted to bring Mehdi to the club," reserve team manager Peter Beardsleyspacer.gif told the club's official website.
    "He is a bright, young talent and we think he has an exciting future ahead of him.
    "After an impressive trial with us earlier in the year, I'm looking forward to working with Mehdi and developing his talent."
    Magpies boss Alan Pardew has already successfully plundered French football this summer to add Yohan Cabayespacer.gif and Sylvain Marveauxspacer.gif to his squad for next season.
    Pardew has also brought in striker Demba Baspacer.gif from West Ham Unitedspacer.gif and has bid for Swansea Cityspacer.gif full-back Neil Taylor.

Me thinks Ashley must be looking to open up a few sports direct shops in France by the looks of things ! Hopefully will take a few weeks for your lads to bed in and the Derby might come to soon for them !

Mechanical Bull, dentists chair, constantly showing repeats of the glorious 5-1 win against Sunderland what more could you want :D

Topless women..............................oh wait!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,462 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I knew some of that sounded vaguely familiar :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Me thinks Ashley must be looking to open up a few sports direct shops in France by the looks of things ! Hopefully will take a few weeks for your lads to bed in and the Derby might come to soon for them !

Right back at ya. Can't wait for that derby.

Pardoo says no more signings until after July 4th or something like that...

Who would you like to see in or what position would you like to see investment in??

I think we need a new right back, Danny gives 110%, no doubting that but he just doesnt have what it takes for the prem. He's an easy target for wingers to tear into...

We need a decent CB or two also. Iron Mike again gives his all but just lacks the prem touch. What i like about him is his no nonsense defending but the amount of pens he got away with this season is too close for comfort. Wouldnt mind a sneaky bid for one of the Blue Noses lads...

Of course, at least 2 strikers. I know people hate Shola, but he isnt as bad as people say. Watch him week in week out and you'll realise how much work the lad puts in, hes capable of playing at this level but not week in week out. Start him against the Mackems and have him as cover for the rest of the season! ;) Woulda loved Gervinho but he seems destined for the Gooners...

Im liking the state of our midfield and hold high hopes for next season.

As for the young lads, over the last few years ive gone to a loada reserve games and if theres one thing that the FCB did, its developing a cracking academy. The likes of Shane Ferguson, Sammy Ameobi, Phil Airey and Greg McDermott look a class apart....hock em out on loan for a year and all wil be well...except for Ferguson, looks to have it all already.

• Advertisement

Right back at ya. Can't wait for that derby.

Flight booked, tickets sorted, accom got....now the wait commences!

Yeah cant wait for it now. Heard that the police have consulted with Sund about moving the game to the monday night ! Better not be im flying back on the monday.

Yeah cant wait for it now. Heard that the police have consulted with Sund about moving the game to the monday night ! Better not be im flying back on the monday.

Steve Walton reckons it will ''probably be moved to Sunday at 1:30pm''.

Paully D wrote: »

Bring it on! Im heading over on the 12th till the 28th... Gooners, Smbs, Fulham. 9pts!! Oh yes!!

Hate Sunday games but better than Monday evening. Can have a nice day on saturday savouring the sights of Sunderland !

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Toon--soldier

how'd ya get the tickets?

how'd ya get the tickets?

Ive had a season ticket for 4 years, built up the points. I can get them easy enough anyways.

There's only 2 Ameobi's, 2 Ameobi's. One's injury prone, his brother's unknown, walking in a Shola wonderland. #KingSholaDay

Via Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

Well after 6 years I've made finally the 50 post requirement and I'd like to say hi to everyone and good luck to Newcastle for next season! And Sunderland, Paully ;)

Howay the lads!

• Advertisement

Morpork wrote: »
    Well after 6 years I've made finally the 50 post requirement and I'd like to say hi to everyone and good luck to Newcastle for next season! And Sunderland, Paully ;)

Howay the lads!

6 years???

Still on dial up mate?

Welcome to the forum/thread anyway.

Via Twitter.

Ah for **** sake, that means we're instantly 2-0 down in derbies now before a ball has even been kicked :mad: :pac:

Ah for **** sake, that means we're instantly 2-0 down in derbies now before a ball has even been kicked :mad: :pac:

He does love scoring on yous! I can hear it already...

...left foot in, left foot out, in out, in out, shake it all about, you do the Ameobi and you turn around, and thats what its all about! Oooh Shola Ameobi!!

Pardew on when Carroll was sold:
    "The one thing I said to Mike yesterday was: 'Look, if this boy is going to go, this money has to be reinvested in the team, all of it, and he has assured me of that."

Pardew speaking on BBC Newcastle yesterday:
    "The money will stay in the club but fans shouldn't do try and do the maths because it will fall way short. Agents fees, wages and investment in the training ground would mean all the money wouldn't go simply on transfer fees."

*sigh*

Surely sponsorship/TV money will be enough for day to day running of the club FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

*sigh*

Surely sponsorship/TV money will be enough for day to day running of the club FFS.

We should hardly be surprised, they have a track record if telling the fans whatever they want and doing the opposite!

Apparently the money you've spent on agent fees and signing on fees so far this summer has been scary.

It'll be interesting to see the agent fees table which is usually published at the end of the transfer window.

• Advertisement

Apparently the money you've spent on agent fees and signing on fees so far this summer has been scary.

It'll be interesting to see the agent fees table which is usually published at the end of the transfer window.

Where are you getting this information from?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

*sigh*

Wouldn't Demba Ba and Marveaux's wages amount to over 20 million ?
    Plus signing on fees?

amiable wrote: »
    Wouldn't Demba Ba and Marveaux's wages amount to over 20 million ?
    Plus signing on fees?

Mike Ashley is using the Bob Murray style ''transfer warchest'' I reckon.

Aye, they'll have the £35m to spend, but what he didn't mention is that it includes new contracts (such as Tiote's 6 year deal) along with agent and signing on fees.

I did say in January when Carroll was sold and Pardew was ''assured that the money would be invested'' that the above would happen and I'm sure the majority of Newcastle fans knew deep down it would probably be the case too.

I definitely think they'll go after another striker mind, along with Neil Taylor from Swansea, but after that I can't see them doing any more business. I could well be wrong like, but we'll see. Cue Ashley giving Pardew £100m to spend now :pac::pac:

Where are you getting this information from?

Luke Edwards (north-east writer for The Telegraph) has been saying on his Twitter over the last few days that he's amazed how much he's been Newcastle have spent on agent fees so far this summer and that he'd love to see an exact breakdown of the spending on agents etc but because it so high he doubts it will ever happen.

Luke Edwards (north-east writer for The Telegraph) has been saying on his Twitter over the last few days that he's amazed how much he's been Newcastle have spent on agent fees so far this summer and that he'd love to see an exact breakdown of the spending on agents etc but because it so high he doubts it will ever happen.

Sounds like pure speculation to me.

• Advertisement

Sounds like pure speculation to me.

He's usually pretty clued up on Newcastle.

In fairness, Ba and his agent were reported from loads of sources as wanting big fees to sign for anyone before Newcastle were reported as being seriously interested, Marveaux won't have rejected Liverpool to go to Newcastle unless he was being offered a big fee to join. The same goes for Larsson with us. Free transfers are never actually ''free'' when things other than transfer fee are taken into account.

He reckons you've hoyed a £7m bid in for Erdinc too!

Jaysus Paully, obsessed with us much? ;):pac:

Interesting quote from Llambias taken from the Telegraph.
    "I can assure everyone that not a single penny of the £35 million has left the club and neither will it."

Pardew speaking on BBC Radio Newcastle said:
    We're looking at 2 attacking options"

*bangs head off desk*

EDIT: Regarding that bid for Erdinc, apparently a bid of €9m has been accepted. I'll take that with a pinch of salt though until I see/hear something more concrete.

You'd swear the way that Llambias/Pardew are going on, that £35m is the only money available in the club. If Carroll wasn't sold, surely a budget for transfers would have been set aside? The £35m should be seen as a bonus and should be put on top of a budget that surely would have been put in place for transfers.

Looks like Ben Arfa will be wearing number 10 next season. Few pictures of him on the nufc.co.uk website back in training with number 10 on his training top.

EDIT: Although Cabaye was wearing number 53 today and Routledge was wearing the same number the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Few reports say Erdinic doesn't want to move to Newcastle but according to a report his agent said he'd be keen on a transfer to Newcastle if their bid is successful so just have to wait and see what happens there.Haven't heard a whole pile on the Neil Taylor transfer either with Enrique looking like he's definitely on the move now.

Anyone planning on going to the Arsenal game?? I usually head to one game a year and considering heading to this one,a crowd of us usually head over each time and I'm a bit worried that this game will be close to a sell out with it being first game of the season and with last yr's 4-4 scoreline!

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Anyone planning on going to the Arsenal game?? I usually head to one game a year and considering heading to this one,a crowd of us usually head over each time and I'm a bit worried that this game will be close to a sell out with it being first game of the season and with last yr's 4-4 scoreline!

Yep, heading over myself. Just waiting on TV fixtures to be announced so I can start booking a few trips next season.

If you wanna be pretty much guaranteed a ticket, a 12th man membership might be the way to go. It's £25 and you get a few discount and priority tickets to home games and away games.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Yep, heading over myself. Just waiting on TV fixtures to be announced so I can start booking a few trips next season.

If you wanna be pretty much guaranteed a ticket, a 12th man membership might be the way to go. It's £25 and you get a few discount and priority tickets to home games and away games.

I'm waiting on sky to announce the fixtures myself,can't for the life of me see that game staying as a 3pm sat kickoff.Same with Sunderland game,you can bank on that one being a 12.45 ko.

Cheers must look into that,there's prob around 5-8 or so of us going to the game,would all of us be guarenteed a seat together with that 12th man membership?

Seannew1 wrote: »
    I'm waiting on sky to announce the fixtures myself,can't for the life of me see that game staying as a 3pm sat kickoff.Same with Sunderland game,you can bank on that one being a 12.45 ko.

Cheers must look into that,there's prob around 5-8 or so of us going to the game,would all of us be guarenteed a seat together with that 12th man membership?

I'd be surprised if the Arsenal game stayed the way it is. Wouldn't be surprised if ESPN took it as the evening kick off.

Sunderland game the following week will be on as early as possible. Likewise the one in March.

I wanna say yes but this is my first year with the 12th man membership BUT the Darlington away tickets went on sale today and gave me an option to buying up to 10 tickets so I'd hazard a guess and say that they'll offer the same when the Arsenal tickets go on sale which will probably go on sale in about two weeks at a guess.

It's all done by smart card so you don't have physical tickets for the game. Instead you just scan it in and away you go.

• Advertisement

Just waiting on TV fixtures to be announced so I can start booking a few trips next season.

''Could be announced as early as today but more than likely Thursday or Friday'', according to Sky.

''Could be announced as early as today but more than likely Thursday or Friday'', according to Sky.

I expect the first two or three weeks to be announced tomorrow and the rest on Friday.

I expect the first two or three weeks to be announced tomorrow and the rest on Friday.

Sky really are a bunch of clowns. No consideration for the fans at all :mad:

If you're wondering where the Carroll money has gone Mike Ashley has purchased USC Clothing for £27m, along with Van Mildert and some other company too. Might explain a few things regarding holding back the spending.

If you're wondering where the Carroll money has gone Mike Ashley has purchased USC Clothing for £27m, along with Van Mildert and some other company too. Might explain a few things regarding holding back the spending.

Surprised he didn't go for FCUK with all the recent French signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

He could bring out a line for overweight billionaires "fat FCUK" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

Toon army supposed to have bid £7 million for Shane Long

slingerz wrote: »
    Toon army supposed to have bid £7 million for Shane Long

Wouldn't mind Long myself but £7m seems a bit excessive.

• Advertisement

Sky reporting that Forest have approached us about Wayne Routledge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement